Chapter Fifty-Seven

Aquila Cadman could hardly believe her eyes as golden spheres of light streamed onto the battlefield. The breath caught in her chest as three pairs of feet stepped out from the largest circle. 

T'Challa walked out, flanked by both Okoye and Shuri on his other side, the trio stopped just outside of the golden portal, sending a brief nod towards Steve, who could only stare at them in shock. 

The golden light which has previously blocked Aquila's view of what was behind T'Challa quickly cleared, exhaling a sigh of relief as she saw the battlefield of Wakanda where they had originally fought such a long time ago, Wakanda's army restored to its full extent once more. 

Sam with his mechanical wings extended to the full extent flew above them, Aquila's eyes following him as multiple portals appeared in the sky. 

They weren't alone anymore. They had people who were willing to fight, here because they had directly been involved with the actions of the purple titan before them. Heroes were streaming out of the portals on all sides.

"Yibambe!"

"YIBAMBE!"

"Yibambe!"

"YIBAMBE!"

The remaining Asgardians with Thor's close friend, Valkyrie flying down beside them on her white pegasus. Wong and the Masters of the Mystic Arts also appeared, the golden shields in their hands, the smaller versions of the portals overhead. Several Ravager ships were also flying above, a group that Aquila had read about years ago. 

The grin on Aquila's face only grew as Bucky Barnes walked out of the Wakandan portal, a gun clutched in his hands as Groot walked beside him, Wanda Maximoff landing nearby, her hands and eyes glowing red, determined to bring down Thanos once and for all. Bea Ross' eyes frantically searched the battlefield before finally landed on a certain red and black-clad superhero, who had quickly pulled the girl into his arms, a few tears slipping down both of their cheeks.

"Steve!" 

Aquila's head whipped back around only to watch as Quinn Greene was quickly also swept into Steve's arms, their teeth clashing together as they pulled in together for a desperate kiss. 

Thor joined the group once again, followed by Tony and Keira who had her own Iron Man suit, their own hands clasped tight together. 

The sadness overcame Aquila in an instant as she swallowed briefly to stop herself from crying right then and there. Seeing everyone reuniting with their loved ones, Aquila couldn't help but think how much she would have given anything to have that moment again with Natasha. 

But Natasha had sacrificed herself so all these people could have this moment so that families from around the world had the chance to be reunited. And it was going to stay that way whatever it took.

The still-standing remains of the compound fragmented quickly, revealing Scott in his giant form just as he had been so many years ago in Germany, his large hand lowered down to the ground revealing Bruce, Rocket, and Rhodey who soon joined the gathered group. 

Various battles cries rang out from around the field as Thanos' army also prepared themselves to fight. 

Aquila's eyes found the remains of the original team before looking around to see the much larger team, the family that they had gathered in what only felt like a few years. 

She prepared herself just as the others were around her, Thor wielding Stormbreaker as Tony and Keira both put their helmets down, Bruce despite his damaged arm, moved into a battle stance. 

"Avengers..." 

Aquila turned facing Thanos, her hand absentmindedly checking the guns still attached to her leg although she expected that her eagle form would most likely be the most effective. 

Steve held out his hand, Mjolnir flying towards him, before he turned back to the titan, gritting his teeth together. 

"Assemble."

Thor's battle cry rang out as everyone joined with battle cries of their own, charging forward as Thanos merely smirked at the team running towards him, lazily pointing his sword toward them. 

Aquila ran at the front with the team pressing around her on all sides, before finally running up an elevated piece of rubble, leaping into the air, transforming mid-air. 

The large eagle wings quickly propelled Aquila forward, gaining distance with Tony, Keira, and Rhodey as well as the others who were leading forward on the flying front. 

And in an instant two differing sides collided, each striking just as hard, this was the final battle, they had already done the impossible, they had brought everyone back, and now they just had to win.