Chapter Five

Aquila swung around on the chair that she had been sitting on for the past few hours, observing the  S. H. I. E. L. D. agents below her. 

She wasn't a super smart scientist or had any part in interrogating Loki so she was just stuck without anything to do, ready to spring into action if the situation required her to. 

Aquila couldn't believe she now found herself in this situation only days ago, she was minding her own business now she was being prepared to potentially save the goddamn world. 

Aquila's head moved towards the direction of Natasha Romanoff as she entered nearby, urgency written all over her face. Aquila knew that Natasha had just been with Loki, trying anything to get the location of her best friend.

Natasha approached Aquila. "He wants to unleash the Hulk. We have to get Banner away before something bad happens." Natasha said to Aquila urgently, before leaving the room again. Aquila nodded before following Natasha out of the room, collecting up Thor as well. 

The three of them entered into the lab and could feel the tension in the air within seconds. 

"Doctor Banner, I think you may want to remove yourself from this environment," Aquila said in her authoritative tone that she rarely found herself using.  

Banner laughed humorlessly in response. "I was in Calcutta. I was pretty well removed."

"Loki is manipulating you," Natasha responded, slowly.

"And you've been doing what, exactly?"

"You didn't come here because I bat my eyelashes at you."

"Yes, and I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitchy." Doctor Banner said. "I'd like to know why S. H. I. E. L. D. is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction." He said gesturing towards the screen. 

"Because of him," Director Fury suddenly said, pointing towards Thor.

"Me?" Thor asked stunned. 

"Last year earth had a visitor from another planet who had a grudge match that leveled a small town. We learned that not only are we not alone, but we are hopelessly, hilariously, outgunned." Director Fury explained. 

"My people want nothing but peace with your planet." Thor defended. 

"But you're not the only people out there, are you? And, you're not the only threat. The world's filling up with people who can't be matched, they can't be controlled."

"Like you controlled the Cube?" Steve countered against Nick Fury. 

"Your work with the Tesseract is what drew Loki to it, and his allies. It is the signal to all the realms that the earth is ready for a higher form of war." Thor said. 

"A higher form?" Steve asked. 

"You forced our hand. We had to come up with something." Nick Fury said. 

Aquila merely rolled her eyes, this seemed to be going nowhere.

"A nuclear deterrent," Tony suddenly interrupted the conversation. "Because that calms everything right down."

"Remind me again how you made your fortune, Stark?" Fury countered against Tony. 

"I'm sure if he still made weapons, Stark would be neck deep-"

"-wait,  hold on," Tony interrupted Steve again. "How is this now about me?"

"I'm sorry, isn't everything?" Steve asked sarcastically.

"I thought humans were more evolved than this."

"Excuse me, did we come to your planet and blow stuff up?"