Chapter Forty-Two

"So we gotta assume they're coming back, right?" Rhodey said as they gathered in a separate room to discuss the situation they all found themselves in.

"And they can clearly find us." Wanda continued.

"We need all hands on deck," Bruce said. "Where's Clint?"

"After the whole Accords situation, he and Scott took a deal. It was too tough on their families, they're on house arrest."

"Who's Scott?" Bruce asked, still not fully briefed on the entire Accords situation.

"Ant-Man," Aquila replied.

"There's an Ant-Man and a Spider-Man?" Bruce asked in shock.

"Okay, listen," Keira spoke up.  "Thanos has the biggest army in the universe and he is already the most powerful being in the universe. He's not going to stop until he gets Vision's Stone."

"Well then, we have to protect it."

"No, we have to destroy it. I've been giving a good deal of thought to this entity in my head, about its nature. But also, its composition. I think if it were exposed to a sufficiently powerful energy source, something, very similar to its own signature, perhaps. . . .its molecular integrity could fail."

"And you, with it," Wanda replied turning to Vision. "We're not having this conversation."

"Eliminating the stone is the only way to be certain that Thanos can't get it." Vision continued.

"That's too high a price," Wanda replied, distressed.

"Only you have the power to pay it." Vision said to Wanda, holding her face in his hands. "Thanos threatens half the Universe. One life cannot stand in the way of defeating him."

"But it should," Steve said, his eyes diverted down towards the floor. "We don't trade lives, Vision."

"Captain, 70 years ago, you laid down your life to save how many millions of people." Vision said stepping towards the Captain. "Tell me, why is this any different?"

Steve took a deep breath in but Bruce spoke up before he could reply to Vision's question.

"Because you might have a choice. Your mind is made up of a complex construct of overlays. J. A. R. V. I. S., Ultron, Tony, me and the Stone. All of them mixed together. All of them learning from one another."

"You're saying Vision isn't just the stone?" Wanda asked.

"He is saying that if we take out the stone, there's still a whole lot of Vision left. Perhaps even the best parts." Aquila interjected.

"Can we do that?" Quinn asked.

"Not me. Not here." Bruce replied.

"You better find someone, and somewhere fast." Rhodey saying, supplying them with the bad news they all knew was coming. "Ross isn't exactly just gonna let you guys have your old rooms back."

"I know somewhere," Steve said as they all got ready to leave the compound when another person arrived that they hadn't expected. 

"Parker's gone."

Aquila looked up to see Bea Ross, looking much older than the sad girl she had met at Clint's house three years ago. 

"Yeah, I know. Tony is gone too." Keira replied to her sister. 

"It's good to see you, Bea. You've grown up a lot." Aquila said to the youngest Ross sister.

"Thanks, Tequila. It's good to see you too."

"You've been spending too much time with Tony." 

"Or even just me in general." Keira attempted to tease Aquila, causing all three girls to break out in laughter. 

Aquila smiled widely at Keira who stood next to her, hoping that they would get a chance to probably catch up before the big purple dick decided to show his face. 

"So, you and Tony are getting married then," Aquila said, hardly able to contain her excitement. "Can't say I didn't see it coming. You've only been dating since when? You were still at university?" Aquila teased. 

"Oh, shut up," Keira said. "You're going to make me feel old."

"I think that's the point." Aquila teased. "But after marriage what comes next, children?"

"Well, I think that's definitely something we've both been thinking about. But at the same time, we are both still trying to come to terms with my miscarriage about a year ago."

"Miscarriage?" Aquila asked in shock, her hand reaching up to cover her mouth, hardly able to believe the news that reached her ears. 

"Yeah, in the end, there was nothing that could be done."

"I'm so sorry, Keira."

Keira shot her a small smile. "So, what about you and Natasha, huh? Any wedding bells there?"

"I hope so," Aquila replied, a grin breaking onto her face at Keira's happy squeal that caused everyone's eyes to be on them. "Maybe when this is all over, I'll get the chance." 

"You sound happy, what was the squeal about?" Quinn asked, walking over towards them, Bea not too far behind her. 

"Oh, nothing." Aquila brushed it off. "You lot ready to save the world again?"