Chapter Fifty-Eight

Talons ripped in and out of the Outriders as they leapt up in an attempt to tear the eagle out of the sky, but only ended up falling as corpses back to the ground.

The battle was endless, a continuous routine of fighting but despite this, it didn't look like they were any closer to winning. Thanos' army was streaming forward constantly, any dent they could have made quickly swallowed up by the sheer size of his army.

"Cap!" Clint's voice echoed over the comms as Aquila breathed a slight sigh of relief, she had only prayed that he had been alright when she hadn't originally seen him earlier. "What the hell do you want me to do with this damn thing?"

"Get those stones as far away as possible!"

"No!" Bruce called out in protest over the comms. "We need to get them back where they care from."

"There isn't a way to get them back." Aquila reminded the team. "I'm going to assume that none of you have forgotten that we don't have a Quantum Tunnel Generator anymore, kind of got a little blown up."

"Exactly." Tony agreed with Aquila. "We don't have that option anymore."

"Hold on! That wasn't our only time machine!"

Aquila's eyes widened knowing exactly what Scott was referring to as she frantically searched the battlefield for the brown van.

"Anyone see an ugly brown van out there?" Steve called out, having realized that same thing that Aquila just had.

"Yes! But you're not gonna like where it's parked." Valkyrie's voice now came through over the comms as Aquila's eyes also landed on the brown van, grimacing as she realized where it was.

"Scott, how long do you need to get that thing up and running?"

"Maybe, ten minutes."

"Get it started," Steve commanded. "We'll get the stones to you."

"We're on it, Cap."

Aquila launched herself higher into the air, her eyes locking on Clint below her, blasts being fired at him from every direction, the Gaunlet desperately grasped in his hands.

She hovered right behind him, taking out the Outriders that had become just a little too courageous in attacking Clint, a form of protection as Clint continued to bring it through the army.

It didn't take long for Clint to find himself quickly surrounded, Aquila fly overhead her talons outstretched catching the Gaunlet, the streams of Outriders chasing after her flying figure. They jumped up, claws tearing as feathers and flesh, their weight distorting Aquila's own weight distribution causing her to tip dangerously to one side.

T'Challa, the Black Panther ran after Aquila quickly noticing her struggle.

"Aquila! Give it to me!" He called out, before leaping up and taking the Gaunlet from Aquila, speeding off in a completely different direction.

Aquila whirled around quickly, her talons ripping through the bodies of the Outriders who had now, calling out in fury, had started to head in T'Challa's direction. 

The Outriders quickly fell to the ground only to be trampled by the next bunch who once again tried to attack Aquila as she only rose higher up, her eyes scanning the battlefield for those that needed desperate help.

She watched as Wanda Maximoff, her eyes blazing red, landed before the titan whose sword was following the figure of T'Challa as he headed towards Scott's van.