Chapter Twenty-Eight

Aquila's eyes darted across the scene beneath her, searching for anything suspicious that stood out to her. 

"There," She suddenly said to Clint pointing out the semi-truck that was driving beneath them. 

"It's the truck from the lab. Right above you Cap." Clint said. "On the loop by the bridge. It's them. I got three with the Cradle, one in the cab.  I could take out the driver." 

"Negative!" Steve shouted. "If that truck crashes, the gem could level the city. We need to draw out Ultron."

Silence filled the Quinjet again as Clint focused on flying, Aquila walked over to Natasha.

"Hey."

"Hey," Aquila replied. "How are you?"

"I'm pretty ok for the current situation," Natasha responded. "You?"

"Feeling pretty chirpy," Aquila replied. "But I do have a question, what are we now?" Aquila asked, her self-doubt returning. 

Aquila's naive nature with relationships as she never had actually been in one before, had caused her to feel extremely doubtful about her relationship with Natasha if you could even call it that. Just like she had said to Dr. Cho, she hadn't ever really done commitments before. 

However, the self doubt quickly disappeared as Natasha pressed her lips to Aquila's again, despite the sounds of disgust from Clint. 

"I guess that's a discussion we will have to have when a robot set out for global destruction isn't trying to kill us."

"I guess it is," Aquila replied, with a chuckle. 

"When you two have stopped swapping spit, we've got a window," Clint announced.

Aquila gave one last smile to Natasha before an eagle appeared where Aquila had been standing moments ago. 

"Four, three. Give 'em hell."

Natasha mounted the motorcycle before her, dropping down to the ground as Aquila flew out of the Quinjet, taking to the skies. 

She watched the bike below her, dodging through cars, racing down the road, but quickly lost sight of the redhead as she took what she hoped was a shorter route. 

"I'm always picking up after you boys," Natasha scolded on her comm, as Aquila's eyes picked up the truck a little way in front of her. 

She flew close to the side of the truck, dodging when Ultron threw a beam her way. 

The sound of the motorcycle quickly approached Steve's shield flying past her as Steve caught it easily before using it again to aid his fight with Ultron. 

However, Ultron balled his hand together to make a fist which somehow brought the ground in front of Natasha up, causing the bike to front wheelie. 

Aquila was still flying close to the truck, her wings flapping up and down at a rapid speed as she kept up. She watched the still continuing fight between Ultron and Steve waiting for an opening. 

She finally found it, causing her to strike, her talons outstretched but barely leaving a dent on Ultron's body. 

Her talons which usually ripped through flesh like sliding through the water, were going to be ineffective this time. 

She tried coming up with the plan to help Steve but was quickly distracted by Natasha calling to her and Clint over her comm. 

"Clint, Aquila, can either of you draw out the guards?"

"I can try," Aquila replied.

"Let's find out." Clint's voice came over in Aquila's comm. 

The Quinjet glided over to them, bullets ripping through the air and towards the truck.