imessage

bumble 🥰
hey

omiii 💍
it's 3am in la,
why are you up?

bumble 🥰
i can't sleep
it's 6am in nyc
why are you up?

omiii 💍
i can't sleep either..
is there anything keeping
you up that you wanna
talk about?

bunable 🥰
there is but i don't even
wanna think about it.

omiii 💍
do you wanna ft in
a few minutes? talking
to someone will
distract youuu

bumble 🥰
you sure?

omiii 💍
of course bumble

bumble 🥰
okay, thanks omi

omiii 💍
alright, i'll call you
in a few <3

...

naomi climbed out of her hotel bed and walked over to the bathroom. she brushed her teeth and washed her face.

after drying the water off of her face she walked over to her suitcase and grabbed her stash of nacho cheese doritos before returning to her bed.

she took a second just staring at brandon's contact. naomi didn't know what she wanted out of this whole situation, but she knew that they were friends for now and she was gonna do her best to be a good one.

with that thought, naomi pressed the call button.

~

"hey," brandon answered the call with a raspy voice.

"hi bumble," naomi greeted. she had her phone at an angle to where only the wall could be seen.

"show me your face, omi," brandon said. the way he said her name did something to naomi's insides.

"hahahahah no," she replied, munching on a dorito.

"naomiiiiiiii"

"brandoooon"

"naomi"

"brandon"

"naomi"

"brandon, are we just gonna go on and on?" naomi asked with a small laugh.

"i will if that's what it takes for you to show me your face. i'll still wanna be your friend even if you're ugly. i promise," brandon said with a smug look on his face.

"ugh, fine," naomi said, tilting the phone to where her forehead and eyes were shown on brandon's phone screen, he smiled.

"so what are you doing?"

...

the pair had been talking for a few hours now. naomi had started getting ready and brandon still hadn't gotten out of bed.

"hey, bumble?"

"yes?" brandon replied. his attention had been set on naomi the entire time. he watched how she listened intently to whatever brandon was ranting about.

by the time naomi had finished getting ready, she needed to leave for her interview. she didn't want to end the call with brandon, talking to him was just so effortless and they gelled together well.

"i gotta go soon. i have an interview," naomi told him.

"how long until you're back in cali?" brandon asked. naomi paused for a second before answering.

"i have a few days. i land the night before the party thing," she responded.

"that's not too bad i guess. hey, pose really quick," brandon told her before taking a screenshot.

"alright, i'm gonna text you when i get out of the interview," naomi said, continuing to put her shoes on.

"okayy, bye omi," brandon said.

"bye bumble," naomi replied before ending the call.

...