real life

the party had been going on for several hours now. most of the people had gone elsewhere, but a lot of them were still at the prettymuch house.

"you wanna go outside?" brandon asked naomi. she tossed her cup in the recycling bin before replying.

"sure," she said, grabbing his hand and heading toward the front door.

there were people sitting around on the porch and people who were hanging out in the yard. brandon led naomi to the curb.

"are you having a good time?" he asked her as they took a seat.

"yeah, i like it better when it's just us though," she responded as she put her head on his shoulder.

"me too," brandon responded. he rested his head on naomi's and sighed.

"i've always wanted to learn how to skateboard," naomi said, looking toward the skateboard that sat in the yard.

"i could teach you, but you'd definitely break an ankle," brandon replied, gesturing toward her platform boots.

"i'd break a lot more than an ankle," naomi joked.

"probably."

naomi sat up a little and turned toward brandon. he looked over at her with a concerned look on his face.

"you good?" he asked.

"i'll be better in a few seconds," she said, leaning toward him.

"what's happening in a few seconds?" brandon questioned, oblivious to her intentions.

naomi laughed a little before she leaned in fully and kissed him. brandon froze for a split second before he melted into it. they sat side by side. both of her hands found their way to his face. one of brandon's hands gently held her chin and the other rested on her thigh.

their lips moved in sync against each other's for a few seconds longer before they both pulled away, out of breath. naomi looked at him with a smile before she went back to her position with her head on his should.

"hey, omi?" brandon asked as he looked down at her.

"yeah?" she replied softly.

"do you wanna be mine?"

"i'd love nothing more."

...