Twenty-Three

07.10.19
1:45 a.m.

"Hey Charlie." Becky said as the blonde walked in the door. Seth had fallen asleep his head buried into the redheads side.

"How are ya feeling Bex?" Charlotte asked as she sat in the free chair next to the bed. The redhead let out a long sigh.

"You want the honest answer or do you want me to lie?" The look she got gave her more than words would. "I'm fucking terrified Char." As confusion crossed the blondes face Becky sucked in a breath. "I'm pregnant." Charlotte was frozen in shock for nearly five minutes before she stood and smacked Seth hard. He was jolted before he fell off the chair and bed landing hard on the ground.

"What the fuck!" He said as he stood dusting himself off.

"Do you not know how to fucking think?!" Charlottes voice was low but they could both tell by her tone that she was screaming in her own way. He flopped back down in his chair as he rubbed his eyes.

"Judging by the timeline at that point I pretty much couldn't." Becky's eyes met his.

"Oh my god. The fucking shower. You asshole." She said as she smacked him in the face with a pillow.

"You were the one that wanted it.." He mumbled before dodging Charlottes swinging hand. "Could you both stop..." The two of them rolled their eyes before the blonde finally sat. Seth's fingers moved to lace with the redheads as they both looked at the blonde.

"There's something I want you to do Char." Charlottes head snapped towards Becky. "There's an envelope behind you. It's yours to do what you'd like."

"Is this the gender?" The two nodded before she grabbed the envelope and quickly opened it reading the contents inside. "You both need to know." They both shook their heads.

"Not yet Charlie." The blonde shook her head before the paper was shoved into the redheads face. Becky's eyes quickly shut preventing her from seeing the words. "Char!"

"I'm not moving the paper until you look." Seth's eyes were closed as he reached out and pulled Charlottes wrist away from the redheads face.

"Please Char." He said quietly.

"No. You both need to know. There is no way in hell I'm keeping this to myself." When his hand squeezed Becky's she knew it was her decision.

"Fine." A smile appeared on Charlottes face before she sat the paper down in the redheads lap. She stood slowly before going towards the hallway.

"I'm going to give you guys a few." They both nodded before the blonde disappeared.

"You sure you want to do this?" Seth asked quietly before she nodded.

"You sure you want to?" His hesitant eyes met hers. "You don't have to know. You can wait to find out with the others." He shook his head.

"I want to know Bex." He replied softly before she patted the bed next to her. As he slipped onto the bed he felt her curl into him. The two were silent for minutes as he simply held her. They both were still trying to digest all of the information they had received throughout the day. As he turned onto his side Becky's face buried into his chest. "We don't have to look." She nodded.

"I don't want to. I-I just need a few days." He nodded as his lips met the top of her head.

"Do you want me to see if we can get the next week off?" She nodded silently. "I'll text Steph." Her eyes closed as his fingers typed away at his phone. As she turned on her side he knew immediately that she was going to fall asleep. "We're off until Monday. Then we have a meeting with them in the morning." She nodded as her arms wound around his waist.

Slowly Becky felt Seth's arm slip beneath her head before his free hand moved the sheet of paper back onto the side table. His arm draped protectively over her as he felt her nose bury into his skin.

"I love you." She said quietly.

"Love you both Bex." A small smile appeared on her face before she drifted off to sleep. He however couldn't find sleep fast enough. It was when he heard someone enter the room that his head turned towards them. He inwardly sighed as he saw Charlotte. "We didn't look at it so please don't say anything." She nodded as she returned the sheet of paper to the envelope.

"It's a lot to take in right now isn't it?" He nodded almost instantly.

"What the fuck do I do Char? I don't know how to be a fucking dad?" He was whisper panicking. "My god and neither one of us are fucking ready for this." Roman who had quietly walked in shortly before lightly chuckled scaring the two that were awake.

"You relax and take a fucking breath Colby. I'm still learning how to be a father and my daughters ten. Nobody knows what the fuck they're doing when they first have a kid. So relax idiot you two will figure it out." Seth nodded at his best friends words before Romans' eyes landed on the envelope in Charlottes hands. "What's that?"

"You can look at it but you can't say anything. Not to me. Not to her.." Seth said while gesturing to Becky. "Not to anybody but Charlotte. What you see in there doesn't leave this room until we say so."

"What is it?" The blonde handed Roman the envelope before he looked at the content. His mouth instantly dropped. "You two don't know?" Seth shook his head. "You both need to.." He shook his head.

"Not yet. It still hasn't even sunk in yet for either one of us." Roman chuckled.

"Sorry to say this but it won't until..." He had to stop himself from saying the gender. "It gets here."

"Don't fucking tell him that Joe. I don't need him to freak out even more." Becky mumbled as her head popped out from Seth's chest.

"I'm just trying to be honest." Roman said in defense. "Nobody was honest with us when we had our first and trust me you want me to be honest." The redhead nodded.

"I don't mind you being honest just don't scare the shit out of him." Seth scoffed.

"I'll be fine.."