Thirty-Three

16.12.19
5:45 p.m.

"What happened?" Becky asked the second she heard the front door open. She listened as the door closed before she heard the telltale click of a pair of crutches hitting the wood floor along with a pair of footsteps.

"I tore part of my fucking ACL." Seth grumbled before she saw the large knee brace that encompassed his right leg. Charlotte moved past his slow moving form before joining her best friend on the couch.

"He did more than that." She commented before he glared at her. "He did that, tore part of his meniscus and fractured his patella." His glare was unmoving from Charlotte before the redhead cleared her throat and his eyes flicked to her.

"What do they want you to do?" Becky asked as he slowly made his way over to her.

"Rest it for a week or two and if it's better I go to therapy. If it's not they have to do surgery." She eyed him as he carefully lowered himself to the couch.

"It's that bad?" He shrugged before she felt him gently lean into her and his face bury into her neck. When her eyes met Charlotte all she got back was a nod. "It'll be okay Bubs." She said softly as her arms wrapped around his shoulders.

"You eat anything since we left?" He asked quietly before she shook her head.

"No but I ordered food." He pulled away slightly before raising an eyebrow at her. "Babies were craving spicy ramen and I knew what you both would want." He chuckled quietly as he shook his head a small smile appearing on his face.

"Those babies crave some weird fucking things.." He commented before Charlotte agreed.

"Yea.. at three o'clock in the morning Monday sh-they wanted fucking quinoa..." He chuckled as a more prominent smile appeared on his face.

"She made me go to the store at like two a.m. to get her specifically two snickers, a bag of giant marshmallows, the biggest bag I could find of those white chocolate mini Reese's and three tubs of Ben and Jerry's. By the time I got home she was asleep and wanted none of it the next day." Becky rolled her eyes before she saw him stretch his bad leg out towards the table. Before he even knew what was happening both women had put a pillow beneath his foot. "You know if I wanted my mom I would call her."

"Shut up you idiot." They said in unison. He groaned before he relaxed into the couch. Charlotte looked between the both of them.

"Guess I have to take care of both of you now." They both shook their heads.

"We're still mobile Char." The blonde shook her head at his words.

"No you're not idiot and have you seen her waddle recently." They both glared at her. "I'm home for a few more weeks so neither one of you are getting rid of me." She stated.

"Fine but you're not sleeping here." The blonde simply laughed.

"That's fine Bex. But I'll be over with breakfast to make sure you both are alive and haven't killed yourselves." The pair rolled their eyes in unison.

"We'll be fine Char." Seth started before they heard the doorbell ring. Charlotte was up almost instantly while the other two slowly tried to get up.

"Sit the fuck down you idiots." They both huffed before sinking back down into their couch. Gently Becky's lips connected with his.

"I love you." She said quietly. His lips brushed along her cheek, trailing towards her ear.

"Love you more." He felt her head gently move to rest along his shoulder. "At least I'm home for awhile now." He said quietly before she almost immediately nodded. "I missed you." Slowly her body curled into him as they waited for Charlotte to return.

"Like I said last night I missed you more." She said before her lips landed on his. "They think you're going to need surgery don't they?" He shook his head.

"Not at this point. It's not a huge tear so the docs think that with some rest and rehab I'll be good." Her lips met his cheek just as Charlotte walked back into the room with the food in her hands.

"You just ordered Ramen..?" She asked as she showed the bag from Cheesecake Factory.

"Babies wanted sweet and spicy.."

~~~
10:37 p.m.

Slowly Becky's body curled into Seth's before she felt his hand gently stray along her stomach. Her head tucked into his neck as her eyes closed. His free hand slipped into her hair before lightly moving through her red locks.

"Night Colby. Love you." She said quietly. His lips gently met her temple.

"Love you too Bex. Sleep tight." She slowly nodded as a yawn escaped her lips. She fell asleep quickly however he couldn't fall asleep. As the time went on his fingertips began to stray along her stomach. He could feel the slow movements of the two babies as they slept along with their mother. When she moved to lay half on her back it gave him full access to her baby bump.

Seth carefully pushed the large sweatshirt Becky had claimed as hers higher, exposing her expanding stomach. In the moonlight he could see the unborn babies shift slightly every so often. When his slow movements continued the actions beneath her skin ceased.

His eyes were trained to her stomach waiting for the slightest movement only to get nothing. He sighed defeated as he no longer had something to calm him and distract him from the pain in his knee. When his hand moved to rest along her stomach he felt a hand press against his. He immediately stopped knowing exactly which infant was pressing against his hand.

"I'm right here baby girl." He said quietly as his thumb trailed along the impression of the baby's hand. "I'll always be right here." A small smile grew on Becky's face as her head nuzzled into his neck.

"She's never done that before." The redhead commented quietly after waking at Seth's words. His shocked eyes trailed to her stomach as her lips trailed to his ear. She spoke her next words quietly.

"She's already got you wrapped around her finger."