Fourty-Eight

Becky moves to sit on the edge of his hospital bed. Her hand moved to run along Seth's chest before she saw a sight she hadn't seen for nearly two months. His eyes slowly opened before they instantly found hers.

"Colby." Charlottes head snapped up.

"H-H-ey.." His voice was raspy and strained. The blonde almost instantly moved from her seat before she went to get a doctor. A tear slowly ran down the redheads cheek before she felt his thumb instantly move to wipe it away. As his hand remained on her face she couldn't help but stare at him. Though he was completely and utterly confused as to where he was and how he got there he could tell there was a major reason as to why.

Seth hand slowly moved into Becky's lap before her fingers laced with his. It was then that they both heard people begin to enter the room. She carefully slipped from the bed keeping his hand still in hers.

Questions after question was asked as test after test was performed. Even with Seth having an aneurism burst in his brain and having been bed ridden for a little over two months he was given a clean bill of health. With his mind still there and his arms still strong the last test he had to was to see if he could stand or if he would need physical therapy.

"Alright Mr. Lopez let's get you on your feet." He looked over at Becky who gave him a reassuring smile. Things were shifted around the room before he was helped to the edge of the bed. With the doctor on his left the redhead carefully moved to support his right side. Seth's feet his the ground before he slowly shifted his weight onto them. As he stood he could feel her hand gently slip to his back steadying him gently. "Let's try a few steps."

The second his left foot moved forward his right knee gave way beneath him. Becky instantly caught him before she carefully held him up.

"Damnit." He muttered before she gave him a reassuring squeeze.

"That's alright Mr. Lopez you've made a lot of progress in the few hours that you've been awake." She began to feel Seth put more of his weight on his own foot.

"Can I try it again? I've had a few surgery's on my left knee." The doctor eyes him for a moment before nodding.

"Are you sure Colby?" His eyes met hers for a moment before she knew he was serious.

"Yup. My legs don't feel like jello anymore either." When the doctor chuckled under his breath both of their heads turned towards him.

"I'm sorry I always forget about sea legs when a person first gets up. I should have given you a few moments to adjust." Seth nodded before his left foot began to move. Within a few minutes he had walked around the room before he made his way back to the bed. He sat on the edge before the doctor spoke. "Well you passed all my tests with flying colors. You seem to have no memory loss, your muscles are still properly functioning and you seem to be experiencing no deficits. I don't have any more tests for you so I'll leave you both to catch up. Do either one of you have any questions for me?"

"When can I be released?" Seth said instantly knowing the one place he wanted to be right now was home with his family.

"Once your bloodwork comes back and we deem it as normal you will be free to go." They both nodded before the doctor looked between them. "Any other questions?" They shook they heads. "Alright then I will see you when the tests come back."

"Thank you." Seth said quietly the older man nodded before he quietly left the room. Becky almost immediately made her way over to him as he remained on the edge of the bed. Her hands cupped his face before his eyes met hers. Less than a second later her lips pressed against his. His arms were around her waist instantly before she was pulled into him.

"You will never do that to me again." She said as she pulled away from him. Her eyes were on his as he nodded. Tears began to well in her eyes.

"Bex..." He started softly. "I'm right here Love. I'm alright." He said quietly before he felt her face bury into his neck.

"I-I thought we lost you.." She whispered as he felt tears soak his shirt.

"But you didn't Love. I'm here and I'm not going anywhere. You know you're suck with me for the rest of your life." She pulled away slightly.

"Then marry me Colby." His eyes met hers as he stared at her for nearly a minute. "Colby I've had two fucking months to think about the fact that there is nobody I want to be with more than you. I've sat here every day waiting for you to wake up so I could ask you to marry me. So.." Her hands moved to cup his face. "Say yes and make me the happiest woman in the world."

"I thought you'd never fucking ask.." He commented before his lips smashed into hers. "Yes." He mumbled into the kiss before they heard a sniffle from behind them. They separated as their heads snapped towards Charlotte. "Of course you just had to be here..." Seth joked before the blonde threw a small box at him.

"What's that?" Becky asked as a smile grew on his face. He turned towards the redhead before pulling the lid off the box. Inside was a simple yet beautiful engagement ring. "W-What... How long have you know..?" She said her eyes trained on the blonde.

"He had the ring picked out and everything we were planning on ordering it the night..." She trailed off but they both knew what she was implying.

"I wanted to do it while we were in Hawaii but shit happens..." He said before his lips pressed to her cheek. "Brains explode and things change.." both women started to laugh.

"Your brain didn't explode. You don't need to be so over dramatic asshole."