Twenty-Five

07.10.19
3:45 p.m.

"What the fuck is taking her so long? Her flight landed a half a fucking hour ago." Becky commented as her arms crossed and she leaned back in her seat. Seth chuckled softly before he saw the person they were truly waiting for. "What!?" She said the instant her eyes landed on her mother. "Ho.. Wha..." He started to laugh as a smile appeared on his face.

"Surprise Love." Tears began to well in her eyes as he pulled up towards Annette. The second the car stopped she was out of the car and crashed into her mother. He got out to grab the older woman's bag before he was pulled into the hug. "Thank you for coming." He said for only Annette to hear. She nodded before separating herself from the both of them.

"Why are you crying Love?" She asked as she wiped the tears from her daughters cheeks.

"My emotions are just a little messed up right now Mum." The blonde eyed Becky for a moment before leaving it be. "Come on Mum. Let's go back to the house." She nodded before she slipped into the front seat. As the redhead moved into the back she sat so she could see her mother.

Annette watched curiously as Becky slipped her seatbelt on a thing the redhead never did when she sat in the back. As she saw her daughters legs cross beneath her she witnessed her arms wrap around her midsection.

"Is there something you need to tell me Rebecca?" Becky turned bright red before she looked for Seth's help through the rear view mirror. As the redhead slowly nodded he answered the question.

"You're going to be a grandma." Annette didn't even hesitate to climb over the seats and into the back. Almost instantly her arms were around her daughter.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" When Becky broke down she knew instantly why. Seth couldn't hear the words that Annette was saying but he knew that they were instantly calming the younger woman down. "Everything's going to be alright Love. You are in the perfect place right now in your life to have this happen. You have somebody who isn't going anywhere and who's going to be by your side for all of this. Take a breath because it may seem scary now but you have a support system that isn't going to budge or run away." As Becky nodded a breath was released from her body.

Her head buried into her mother and stayed there the entire car ride home. It was as the car stopped that the two woman separated. The redheads eyes met Seth's terrified ones through the rear view mirror. It was then that her eyes fell upon his mothers car. The three exited the car before he pulled the bag from the trunk.

"We'll meet you inside Mum. Please don't say anything to Holly. She doesn't know yet." Annette nodded before she rolled her bag inside.

"Thiscan'tbefuckinghappening." He spoke in a breath. Becky moved to cup his face before his head just about fell into her shoulder. His breathing was rapid as she tried to calm him.

"Relax Colby. It'll be alright." He shook his head.

"She's going to fucking kill me." It was her turn to shake her head.

"No she's not. She understands that neither one of us is going anywhere. She may not be thrilled about it now but she's going to have a grandchild to make her forget about all of it." He nodded as her arms wound around his neck. "Just breathe Colby." It took him nearly a minute get his breathing in check. As the two pulled away her lips brushed his. "No matter what I love you." His lips met hers.

"I love you too." Her hand took his before they set off into their house. To their shock they walked into their house and saw their mothers flawlessly working together to make dinner. "Hey mom." Holly turned around before she was embraced by her son. "Can we talk for a sec?" He asked quietly.

"Whats going on Colby?" She asked as the two walked outside.

"There's something I need to tell you but you have to promise you won't be mad at me." He blurted out.

"What is it?" She asked as she turned towards him.

"Becky's pregnant." Her mouth dropped before he was pulled into a tight hug. He was still for a moment before he returned the embrace. "Y-you're not mad?" She started to laugh.

"Why would I be mad Colby? I'm ecstatic. I'm finally getting a grand baby." Holly felt her son almost instantly relax. "How are you feeling about all of this?" She asked as they sat on a bench.

"A little overwhelmed." He admitted. "It just all happened so fast." Her hand landed on his shoulder before she gently squeezed it.

"That's how it always happens but you just have to take life as it's given to you. Nothings ever easy but you both will figure it out." She said softly before he nodded. "How far along is she?"

"Twenty weeks." A small smile appeared on Holly's face.

"Do you both know the gender?" He shook his head.

"We have the envelope with it in it but we haven't really gotten the guts to open it." She started to laugh.

"When we had you we did the same thing. It took us nearly a month to open it. All I have to say is do it when it feels right. Don't be forced into it no matter what." Seth nodded as a smile appeared on his face.

"Thank you mom." Her arms gently wound around him before he squeezed her tightly.

"But I better know the instant you open it." He nodded.

"Of course. It's just going to take a while for us to open it." Holly chuckled.

"Don't worry about it. But you call me. No matter what the time." A smile crossed his lips.

"Will do mom." He said softly before his eyes met Becky's through the window. "We should probably go back in." Holly nodded as she stood.

"No matter what your father and I will be here for the both of you." He gave her a gentle side hug before he opened the door for the both of them. "Congratulations Love." Holly said as she immediately pulled Becky into a hug.

'You good?" The redhead mouthed at him before he nodded. "Thank you Holly." She nodded before returning to the kitchen. Seth's arms wrapped around her gently. "You told her?"

"Yea and surprisingly she was fine with it." Her lips met his for a moment.

"Told you to relax." He rolled his eyes before lightly laughing. "Love you Colby." His lips met her nose.

"Love you more Bex."