Chapter 9

"Max go ahead and warn your dad about your sister and tell Eric about these things out here." Carter yells demands at my brother.

"But my..." Max starts to say but is cut off.

"I got her. Now go." He yells and I hear Max take off. I cant help but laugh a little through the pain.

"What's so funny to you clumsy?" He asks as he scoops me up into his arms and pushes my wound against he's chest I can't help but to scream out.

"I know it hurts I'm sorry but I have to keep it from bleeding and get you back." He says in my ear as he vastly walks us back towards the house.

I squeeze his shoulders to try and stop the pain then talk "My name, do you know my name. It's Henley by the way." I don't know why I say this. Its actual very random.

"yes Henley I know your name. Don't you think I know the name of the girl I now have saved twice in one day?" I go to laugh but it hurts so I just nestle my head into the crock of his neck. I start to close my eyes and Carter starts moving a lot faster. He's running why?

"Cart..."

"Don't say anything and don't pick your head up were almost there." Scared to ask why I just listen to what he tells me but the pain hurts way worse when he's running. I'm silently crying when Carter tells me "bite into my shoulder I know this is painfully for you but I have to get you to safety so I can't stop. Bite into my shoulder okay." I do as I'm told and bite down I feel him flinch as my teeth break his skin and I taste a hint of blood.

He doesn't stop not until he is all the way into the safety of my house. Not putting me down until we are in the kitchen he lowers me onto the counter that has been cleared and now has dressings and some medical stuff. An older women comes walking in with towels and goes to the sink.

"Henley, I'm Maria I used to be a nurse. I'm going to do my best to bandage up your wounds." She says smiling.

"Okay where's my dad?" I ask out of breath from the pain.

"Outside some things came up he will be back as soon as he can." She says to me almost protectively. But I already know there's growlers out there I just came from out there. I hear Carter start to leave and she stops him

"I'm probably going to need your help. You see we don't have any pain meds so what I'm going to have to do is going to be painful for her."

"What do you mean there is no meds?" He says.

"I mean that all we have is basic headache medicine nothing that is going to touch the pain she feels. You can't just stalk up on pain meds for no reason."

"But she's going to need stitches that pain alone is going to kill her." He says and I try to smile because I'm enjoying that he seems concerned.

"She's not going to die I won't let that happen. It would be nice if you could help if not then fine but I have to get started before any infections start." She walks over to me and slowly starts cleaning each scratch one at a time. Its not that bad a first just more of a stinging. Carter stands over by the door way unsure of what to do. Then within a second it feels like my side is being ripped open and I'm finding it hard to breathe but I somehow let out a scream.

"We have to keep her quiet." Carter says standing over me. Maria just gives him a look and she goes back to cleaning my wound. Trying so hard not to open my mouth I bite down on my bottom lip but ever time she touches it it feels like it's being ripped open all over again.

"I'm going to let you breathe now before I put the stitches in. Your doing awesome so far but this part is going to hurt probably way worse then what you just went through." I nod my head at Maria not being able to speak I know if I do I'll start crying.

"Squeeze my hand when it hurts the worst." Carter says as he laces his hand through mine. The feeling I have right now in my left hand is an amazing sensation until she starts the thread my wound up.

I squeeze his hand to the point that I'm sure his fingers are blue. When I look over at him our eyes connect and it's the last thing I remember before everything goes black.