LOCKS AND STARS

RILEYS POV

We end up walking to the middle of the hotel and there's a ladder leading up to the roof but it seems to be locked and guarded by wires.

"Sooo how are you planning on getting through? Break the lock or pick it?" He should have known it would've been locked.. most places are.

He turns towards me and with the most serious expression said "Actually I have the key" in the most smuggest way possible while pulling out a small key chain from his jacket with a boyish smile on his face. I'm pretty sure I look like a gasping fish right now and I'm so lost for words i don't even know what to say at this point.

He let's go of my hand and I can't help but miss how smooth and warm it felt. He unlocks it and opens the door letting me go up the ladder first, luckily for me I was wearing sweats and not tight jeans.

"So how long have you've been coming here." I ask him while climbing up, I can hear him climbing right behind me

"I've been coming here for quite some time now. I like to come here to escape reality or just need to think."

He's very honest and open about stuff with me I can't help but like that about him

Almost to the top I stop and move a little to the side so he can stop right next to me "and how many girls have you've brought here."

Stopping two steps down but still being able to level his face with mine he looks away embarrassed and says "Honestly you're the first girl I've ever brought here," turning to face me he continued "after the second day of living here I had some problems at home so I drove around and ended up here. Since then I haven't told anyone about it."

He continues to climb up first reaching the top and holds out his hand to help me up. Once I reach the top he leads me to the very edge that leads to the front and sits there. I'm frozen and unable to move not because I'm scared but because of the most amazing and breath taking view I've ever seen. Of course it's different from the view that Chase surprised me with but this one was different and beautiful in its own way. The way the city lights twinkled, it was like a mixture of Christmas lights and stars. Every direction you looked it was all around us.

"So are you just gonna stand there or join me?" Aaron asked pulling me out of my daze, no idea how I ended up next to him since I couldn't feel my own legs move but I did and I sat there.

"It's so beautiful" I say still looking ahead of me

"Yea it is" turning to look at him I find him looking at me and I couldn't help but blush. "Is it ok if I play something for you?" Not knowing what he meant he reached over to his right and pulls out a guitar. "It's just something I gotta get out of my head and something I've been meaning to say, but I didn't know how until now"

Ok... where the hell did that come from. Omg what if I decided to sit by his right and I ended up stepping on it and breaking it!!! But omg he's gonna play me a song!!!

He starts the intro and right away I know what song he's about to sing and can't help but take in all the words. His voice being the only thing I listen too. Somehow he turned Outta My Head by Khalid into an acoustic version and I love it.

You've got my attention
I know we're just friends
But I'd rather be together
Cause days get better
When you're here
So I gotta keep you near,
Going crazy and I
Just can't get you
Outta my head

Once the song ended I could still hear and feel the strings on the guitar that I hear his question. I know it was something important by the way he was looking at me and waiting for an answer.

"I'm sorry I didn't hear you, I was still lost in the song." I tell him honestly because I didn't want to embarrass him and then have him say never mind.

But he doesn't get embarrassed or upset he just gives me a boyish smile "it's ok, look I've liked you for a while now and I didn't know how else to put it but in that song, I know we haven't known each other for that long but I'd love to get to know you and who you are Riley. So I was wondering if you'd like to-"

"Yes" i say just above a whisper not letting him finish his question. His smile going from ear to ear and it's the most beautiful thing. Funny thing is once the song stopped we never broke eye contact.

He gets up from the ledge but holds his hand out for me to take, helping me up he pulls me closer so we're chest to chest, still hold hands but this time intertwining them. How is it that they fit so perfect together. With his free hand he caresses my face moving towards my hair and putting the lose strands behind my ear. His eyes going from my lips to my eyes and back again. This time his thumb going over my bottom lip.

Can he feel just how fast my heart is beating right now?

My body getting warmer by the second, from the closeness and how badly I want to kiss him but I don't want to make the first move. His voice breaking the silence by asking one more question

"Can I kiss you right here right now." Both of us moving closer to each other, hearing each other heavy breathing.