Chapter 4

After a week of proposal medyo naging madali sa akin. It was a normal day for me and I even scooted some papers that are needed for the wedding. We already planned to marry a year after so Nathaniel can prepare for his bar exam. He wanted me to fix our papers now dahil maraming seminar ang kailangang puntahan so we can properly prepare when he gets back after 6 months.

He flew back rin yesterday and I didn’t even have a chance to send him in the airport because of my shoot of one of the brands that I endorsed in. And another schedule today for another shoot under my moms’ clothing line that will be issued for the next month on one of the well known magazine.

I’m actually sitting in front of the mirror while the glam team is doing their thing from hair to make up. While the crew from the photo shoot is fixing their things and mom is with the interviewer in of the rooms and a sudden phone call appeared.

“hello?!”

‘good morning! We’re looking for Ms. Rainey Joy Alberto?’ nagulat pa ako dahil medyo seryoso siya.

“speaking! Who’s this?”

‘this is Kate from the office of the PSA where you get another copy of your birth certificate and a certificate of no marriage. We would like to invite you tomorrow for a meeting. We just wanted to know what time are you available?’

“ahm… why? I mean is there something wrong?”

‘I’m not sure if it is a problem? Pero we can set a meeting for this. I wonder what time you are available today or tomorrow perhaps?’ medyo kinabahan ako. Parang gusto ko nang pumunta agad ngayon dahil mas nahihiwagaan ako sa gusto niyang ipakita sakin.

“what time will your office close? I’ll try today maybe after lunch or around 3-5:00pm”

‘I can accept until 4:30’

“oh okay!”

‘so I’ll wait for you later’?

“yeah! I’ll try to make it earlier”

‘okay good! See you then’

“yes! See you. Thank You!” when the call ended mas lalo akong kinabahan. Na bobother ako lalo at hindi makapag focus sa shoot. But I want to end this fast.

I’m changing now for my second look and still thinking what that paper has. I requested for my own birth certificate and the other for the requirements for our wedding. Ano naman ang pwedeng maging problema nun diba?! Why should I go there or… arghhh!!

I was scramming while waiting for my next dress. Hindi ko magawang ma relax ang sarili ko and just walk back and forth and kinda thinking of what happen to the papers. And I wanted this to end so I can go there.

“sweetie… are you okay?” should I involve mom in this?! Should I ask for help?! But for sure malalaman ni dad at baka lumala pa.

“no mom… just thinking something” ngiti kopa rito for assurance.

“okay… your dress is here so you should put it on para we can wrap everything up” tango ko rito.

-------------------

I was suppose to eat lunch with Brianna but something came up kaya si Carlos ang tinawagan ko to go here. He was nearby kaya dumating ito agad at nakapag order narin ng pag kain.

“so how was the preparation for the wedding?”

“doing good. I’ll get my papers later for the requirements of some of the seminar before we proceed to planning”