Chapter 16

Camila's POV

I couldn't contain myself, the tears had already flooded my eyes, I witnessed very closely the drug world that surrounded Lauren and finally I could understand her pain to see the guy who was in front.

"That already happened..." I said and tried to give her strength, but I knew it wasn't going to be very helpful.

In her eyes there was a reddish color, some tears slid down her cheek, I dried them before they reached her lips.

"Everything is fine." I whispered, taking her to my arms, she hid her face in my neck and I saw around, people smiling and dancing, oblivious to the confusion of feelings that passed by them.

We stayed like this for an indeterminate time, I adjusted her hair and waited for her to recover.

"Want to go home?" I asked

"I don't want to ruin your night..." she said and moved a bit away, drying her face and running her hand down her nose, which was congested from crying.

I tried to enter her mind and understand what was happening there, what memories came back, what was happening ... however, I know it is something personal.

"You won't ruin anything" I made a caress "I'm going to warn Marielle, wait for me at the door."

She nodded, I noticed she was completely lost. I stumbled across the world as I walked, looking for Marielle. It took me a while, but I found her, at a table, surrounded by some friends.

"Mari, can you come a moment?" She nodded and got up. "I'm going home with Lauren"

"Why? it's still early" she said and saw her watch "three and a half ..."

"Excuse us, she was a little bad with something she saw. I tell you better tomorrow, it isn't an appropriate place to do it now...."

"Is the American fine?" she asked, worried.

"She will be" I smiled and gave hrr a kiss on her cheek "have fun for us." I winked and went to find Lauren.

In the taxi she remained silent, distant, seeing the landscape through the window. I do not think I was really catching something. We entered the house in silence, I left the keys on the table and went up with her.

"Do you not want to take a bath?
It can serve to relax you a little" I asked

She nodded, I bit my lips, worried, I never saw her so serious since she arrived. While she was in the bathroom, I made the bed and put on my pajamas, waiting for her.

As it was taking a while, I decided to prepare a tea, of chamomile, they say it's good to reassure. When I returned she had already left the bathroom, she was sitting on the bed.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" I asked and sat next to her, stroking her hair.

"I'm fine..." she smiled a little weak "don't worry"

"Take it, I made this for you."

"Thanks" she smiled. "You know, I like it when you take care of me..." she commented, no matter how hard she tried, it was clear that all that calm was only to disguise.

"And I'm always going to do it. Because I love you." I said

She drank the tea, reclining on the head of the bed, when she finished she put the cup on the dresser and called me to sit between her legs, when I did, she interlaced our fingers and remained still.

"I only know how much I love silence when I just got out of a dive" I said, she smiled a little. "It seems like a relief" Lauren nodded, I took the blanket, covering "you need to rest."

I set her on the bed, turned off the light, lit the lamp and snuggled into her body. I didn't expect her to say anything again, but Lauren surprised me, when she began to tell me some flashbacks that went through her head when she saw the guy with the drugs.

Lauren's POV

As I was telling Camila, I recreated the images in my head.

"I made many stupidities, some much greater than you can imagine. Is impressive what is done for a little joy. As much as it was false. To get drugs I went beyond everything, I just didn't kill, but the rest..." I left it in the air "those who see it on the outside think it's easy, that it's just wanting to leave the world, but things are not so.." I looked her, to see if she paid attention.

"The pain is great, it seems impossible to live without that. And outside of that, there are people like Keaton, who are known as traffic bosses. They are very gentle and friendly..." I returned to look at her "while you are consuming. After that, they treat you as if you were nothing, they humiliate you and make you believe that you will not survive a day without their products.If that doesn't convince you, don't hesitate to go to aggression" I said and breathed deeply "that boy in the club, which most feel disgust" she bit her lips " he needs help, but who is going to give it to him?" I shrugged.

"He's just a vagabond, the shame of society, the part nobody wants to remember exists. They will ignore it, as they ignored me at the beginning" I think I had never talked about this with anyone, but I felt that Camila was the right person to tell everything at once.

'What happened to me, the opportunity to recover and the fact of having achieved it, happens to a minority" I said and close my eyes "the hole is much deeper than people imagine"

"The truth, well deep down, everyone knows that" she said,her voice calm and low "but they pretend not to know, because of the discharge of conscience.I think I already did that, innumerable number of times, before everything happened ..."

"You were an angel" I said and smiled
"The most certain thing is that I would be lying in a corner at this moment, if you had not appeared in my life" I kissed her hair "Also, I owe it to you" I said sincerely "it's impressive how you conquered me, at a time when I only had eyes for drugs and nothing else..."

We were silent for a while longer, until Camila commented.

"Today was an exhausting night. Try to sleep... "she said with a tenderness in her voice "tomorrow is a new day."

I nodded, and I hugged her, adjusting myself better, she quickly sealed my lips.

I closed my eyes, trying to block the thoughts, I could only do it when the girl in my arms fell asleep, because then, I stayed watching her.

"My angel...." I whispered, tightening my arms around her body.

I felt her soft breath touch my neck and I realized that everything will be fine as long as she has it with me, because Camila is much more than the girl I love, she is my refuge, my strength.

Sleep didn't take long to arrive, making me unable to continue with the memories of a past that, certainly, wasn't going to be erased.