Epilogue

Lauren's POV

"Hello!" I waved, agitated, to one of the nurses that I found in the hallway
"you know where.." I stopped, watching her, frowning "...do I know you?"

"I can't believe you don't remember me" she looked at me, with a very funny look
"Bianca.." she extended her hand.

I smiled, pulling her in for a hug.

"Are you working here now?" she nodded
"just look at you are very beautiful. I told one of the people who helped me most with the rehabilitation process when I was hospitalized..." she laughed.

"And what are you doing here, girl?"

"I'm looking for Camila, is she here?" I asked

"No..." she looked at me, affectionately "didn't you know?"

"Know what?" I asked

"Camila will leave soon..." i was surprised with the news "she will go to Mexico to verify all the details of the clinic and direct it's move..."

Camila's POV

The departure lounge was practically empty, silent, adapting to my state.

As the week passed, I pretended to be well in front of the people, as soon as, at night, I let myself flood with tears as the days passed and Lauren nothing that appeared.

I gave her those precious seven days to decide what she wanted to do with our destiny and when there was no response from her I opted to leave, clinging to the idea that, perhaps, changing the climate,
I could suffocate again this great feeling .

Lauren's POV

As soon as Bianca told me that Camila was about to leave my head she shouted

"You're losing her again, idiot, move!"

and before I knew it, I fired towards the airport. I accelerated everything I could, going through red signs and ignoring any and all traffic signals.

I infinitely cursed the distance that prevented me from quickly reaching
where she was.

Camila's POV

I entered a small library with glass walls.
I watched the magazines, looking at them one or another time, until I came to the books. I ran my finger along a row while reading the titles.

Until my body froze to see one in particular.

Lauren...

_
'Lauren Jauregui - The Exchange'

"There is a popular belief among anthropologists that says you should immerse yourself in an unknown world in order to truly understand your purpose."
-

I turned the book around
to see it's back cover

"Lauren Jauregui is passionate about literature. She lived her entire life in Miami. Turbulent adolescence and a true love story inspire her to launch the book almost biographical."

The Exchange is her first romance, debuting as a world best seller.

------------------------------------
"A generous romance, in which it is possible to submerge, get lost, and finally resurface, something like if the real world hasn't stopped turning while it was enchanted."

▪The New York Times▪

------------------------------------
"The emergence of a classic: both the beauty of language, as the complexity of the plot, you will fall in love with the charming, generous, first almost transcendental novel Lauren Jauregui."

▪The Oprah Magazine▪

------------------------------------
"Ready to be a success."

▪The Wall Street Journal▪
------------------------------------

With trembling hands I took it off the shelf, seeing the title. I opened it with difficulty, the fingers badly looked through the pages.

Then I read the synopsis, the tears already sprang up in my eyes, and I bit my lip to keep from starting to cry.

That didn't work, because when I closed the book I saw on the back cover the picture of Lauren smiling and it was impossible for me not to cry...

My heart was broken, in a thousand pieces. A few seconds ago I still believed in the remote idea that she was behind me, but everything fell apart.

I hugged the book hard.

Lauren's POV

I bought a last-minute ticket and went into the departure lounge.

My eyes searched for Camila desperately.

I knew that the plane hadn't yet taken off, but in our lives of misunderstandings, unfortunately, I was used to expecting the worst.

My heart stopped beating when I finally saw her, inside a bookstore.

I walked to her slowly, nervously.

As I approached, I saw the book in his arms on his shoulder and I couldn't contain a smile when she saw our story being received against her chest.

"I didn't want it to end like this..." she murmured, her voice hoarse and choked with tears.

"It doesn't have to end..." I whispered.

She turned surprised, dropping the book.

I ran my eyes down her wet eyes and her trembling mouth, her expression of pure love and I took her in my arms, feeling her warm body against mine, her sweet smell finally with me again.

"I couldn't let you run away" I whispered, squeezing her against me "not again..."

There, both together and more in love than ever, two hearts so close and lives so tied,
I had the strange certainty that we would never be able to separate again.

The end.

--
Dear readers, this is end of the second book! I hope y'all are doing fine and ok:) in some time later (idk when) I will update the third and last book of the story!