Chapter 67

Camila's POV

I let a sincere smile settle on my lips, while my fingers wandered through Lauren's hair. Her eyes were so fixed on my face, however that didn't bother me.

I don't know exactly how long we remained silent, only taking advantage of one another's company, lost in our own world.

Mine, in fact, is completely divided.

On one side is my work and I know it is time to leave my fairy tale and face reality again. My conscience screams at me that I am being irresponsible, since Lauren appeared in the clinic and everything else was in a second position.

And my stomach is mixed with the fact that I have to choose one or the other or I will end up losing both.

On the other hand, there is the life I always wanted to have. There's Lauren and her smile. There are the lovely eyes and the captivating charisma, my chance to build a family, or me: "and they were happy forever."

And incredible as it seems the two sides have equal weights. If it had been in another time I would lean towards the second option without thinking twice, but today, ah, today everything is different.

Yes, I can't deny that she continues to make me lose all reason in a way as strong as a few years ago.

However, we are here less than two weeks ago and my struggle with the clinic has been going on for years, it's my dream, as well.

Yes, it is obvious that Lauren has an advantage, in the end, our story didn't start yesterday, it was built a good while ago. Meanwhile when everything was over I had already overcome it. I was well. I was sure that what I wanted was to take care of my clinic.

Hell, damn the time that Taylor convinced me to come to her house, claims my head. And against that, my heart beats every time my eyes meet the wonderful writer now lying in my bed.

My emotion tell me to play it. In the end, what is the problem of having a partner and keeping a job? All normal human beings do that and still build their family.

The truth is, all human beings don't, the right thing would be to have a boyfriend. Maybe society will judge if I choose Lauren, maybe they won't accept me, I who am so well known in the media, at times like this, maybe anonymity is a better solution, or one of them.

The reason screams that my work isn't exactly normal, during these years in the rehabilitation clinic I almost didn't have time for myself, who would say that I had a relationship?

And, in addition, Lauren doesn't deserve a wife in half and I am more certain of that after seeing the brightness in her eyes when thinking about the possibility of being a mother.

She deserves more than half Camila.

Shit of infantile jealousy. A considerable part of me doesn't even want to think about the idea of ​​having a child that isn't ours.

This is -quite literally- an exchange of feelings.

Lauren's POV

Camila had a lost look, her lips slightly open and her thoughts were flying. I respected her silence, focusing on her beauty. Her hair fell delicately over her shoulder, her blouse molding the contours of her body, her lips accentuated fleshy. Wow, it's far the most beautiful woman I've ever met.

"Lauren.." her hoarse voice woke me up from my thoughts. When she noticed that she had my attention she kept talking "you know that all this will end soon enough?" I frowned.

"This what?"

"They way that we are living" I breathed deeply "here is a world waiting for us out there and we can't simply run away from it..."

"Camila, do not get complicated, we've already passed the half-words phase"
I sat down, slightly irritated "where do you want to get with this matter?"

She opened her eyes completely for an almost null fraction of seconds, however I captured that and relaxed my features.

"Ok, I understood" I took the matter aside and got up, Camila automatically stood on the bed "was I good for you? I mean, all sexual adventure?" I raised an eyebrow "because clearly it should have been just that..." I smiled, with contempt "also, why didn't you say from the beginning that after here you would continue with your life? You would have avoided this shitty feeling that came to bother me..."
I didn't let her answer "we are mature enough to stop playing."

"You haven't even let me explain to you.." she said in a higher tone "you drew your own conclusions and you exalted yourself, bravo Lauren, that's a behavior of mature women."

"What do you have to tell me?" she fell silent, I forced a laugh. "I don't know why I played dumb and I thought you were feeling the same as me" I closed my eyes "while your actions say completely the opposite."

I left the room, before she could see my eyes fill with tears.