Chapter 56

Lauren's POV

I ended up accepting John's invitation, more to leave Camila some time alone in the house than anything else. I think she needs space to think.

Either way, John wasn't bad company.
An intelligent boy, he likes to live, he knows a lot about literature and he has a great knowledge about books.

Ignoring an indirect one, I was able to stand firm during dinner. The only problem is that he wouldn't let me finish the conversation and go home.

It was already one o'clock in the morning and the boy with dark, straight and short hair didn't even take time to breathe while talking.

J"Lauren, what are you waiting for?"  I took my glass with water and drank a little.

"Waiting for...?"

"To kiss me" I choked on the water "you have the permission to do it" he smiled

"Excuse me, John, I loved it tonight, it really was very good..., but I wasn't thinking of you in that way.." cleaned my throat "as a friend yes, nothing more"

I took advantage and used the incident as an escape valve to say goodbye to him, however, without much desire I accepted his invitation to leave the house, it's too late to get back on foot and the taxis around here only work until ten. It's ridiculous, but I already felt an absurd lack of Camila.

The place was silent, which wasn't new, judging by the time. I looked out the door of Camila's room and watched her sleeping. She was hugging a pillow, her hair spread across the bed and the sweet scent of her perfume filled the room.

When I realized I was already at her side. Watching her closely, I noticed her face damp, tears maybe, indicating that she wasn't crying for a long time and consequently she fell asleep.

My heart broke.

Camila's POV

I knew that she was there. Although she didn't come so close her perfume had invaded the room. I wanted to scream and hit her face for having gone out with a man. That man who brought her home.

From the window of my room I saw in the distance the car stopping, I opened my eyes very well to see if that guy was nice, and if he could beat me -girlish things but then they said goodbye. I ran to the bed and tried to control the tears before she came. I knew she would come.

I don't need to be very smart to discover what she was doing with that boy at this time. Great feeling, Lauren.

My heart pounded as I felt her hands touch my hair, caressing it delicately.

A stupid thought invaded my mind, asking me if she caressed that same man with such sensitivity.

I hate her for making me feel like a teenager again. And I hate myself for being weak enough to let myself go.

She placed a tender kiss on the top of my head, an electric current crossed my body almost making me open my eyes and look deep into her green iris what she really feels.

The room went cold when her hot body moved away. I heard the creak of the door being closed and I didn't have to certify that she had left before I opened my eyes.

Her perfume was no longer there for the place. I put my arm over my face, slowly and slowly my eyes filled with tears.

And the worst thing is that the only person capable of containing them is -ironically- the same person who caused them.

Maybe I really need a treatment, as Taylor says.

I think I'm not as strong as I imagined.

I turned in bed, growling at the fact that the dream would not come so soon. Part because whenever I closed my eyes the image of Lauren with the stranger came to my mind. And the worst; in scenes that I don't even know if they really happened.

Suddenly I got angry. With just thinking.

With rage I ran my hand over my face, removing the drops of water that burned my face, probably leaving a red mark, by the size of the fury.

I got up, walked to the door and came back about three times. She was closing the door handle, keeping in mind that if she left, there would be no going back.

My fingers would be molded on Lauren's cheek in an unfriendly way. Unless, of course, she touches me before.

If I did, it would be because of my anger. That's why I decided to stay quiet on my side. With the door closed so as not to fall into temptation.

Miraculously sleep appeared, the dawn was practically already peeking when I could no longer bear the weight of my eyes.

When I opened them again I heard the annoying sound of loud knocks on the door. I opened my eyes and saw the clock.

Four in the afternoon.