Chapter 102

Camila's POV

I sat down once more in bed, realizing that I was more than energetic enough to go back to sleep.

I looked at the dresser next to me and reached for one of the drawers, taking a piece of paper and a pen, then I began to write down everything I was feeling.

The result was better than I expected and, with small adjustments, I transformed that mere relief into a letter.

After reading it for the tenth time I jumped out of bed and enlisted in record time, while running through the room, I took my bag that was lying on the couch and the car keys, leaving the apartment quickly.

In less than fifteen minutes I parked in front of Lauren's building. I took one last look at the letter in my hands once more, a kiss and I went down, depositing it in the mailbox and leaving it before the doorman saw me.

With a lighter heart I went to work and as soon as I got to my desk I heard Julian's voice behind me.

"Camila, you will not believe me.." Julian said and I sat down, seeing my smiling advisor "remember our proposal to expand a clinic in Mexico?" I nodded, slowly
"I received a call earlier and guess?
They approved it!"

I blinked several times, upset. That news would have been a cause for celebration on another occasion, it was the opportunity I was waiting for... it was what I wanted when I promised to return to Mexico and take care of the headquarters there myself. But...

Obviously that was before Lauren came back to my life.

"Well, you don't have to be so excited... what happened, beautiful? Don't tell me..."
I licked my lips "oh, no, don't make me that face, I know you well..." the bomb explodes, "Why don't you want to go?"

Lauren's POV

"Skywalkers, Allyson, I swear it's the last time I've agreed to travel without notice."
I demanded, carrying my suitcase.

"We were out a week, Lauren. Do not complain, I saw your face convinced when giving that interview to the American news"  I made a stupid facr before turning to my mail box "accounts, accounts, accounts..." I read the senders, bored
"... pizzeria advertising, accounts and... "
I got stuck.

As soon as my production company left, I took the letter that I hid in the pocket of my coat. I saw it and, with trembling hands, I broke the envelope.

I took a deep breath, before starting to read.

..................................................................................
..................................................................................
From: Karla Camila Cabello.

To: Lauren Michelle Jauregui.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel stupidly nervous, my hands tremble, preventing me from writing well.

I don't know exactly where to start, but I want you to be able to imagine saying all the words that are written here when reading this letter. I decided to do to this which means that it will get to you, since, probably, personally the tears would prevent me from saying everything I need.

But, more than that, the words were always present among us... (remember the innumerable notes that you sent me when things weren't very good? or of all the letters that made our love survive a terrible distance?) then I will use them.

I'm not going to apologize, because I know that a "I'm so sorry" won't solve anything, I'm just going to try to show a little of everything I'm carrying in my chest.

I was stupid and selfish for leaving you without explanation. I was a coward. And clearly, of all the decisions I have made in life, that is the one I regret the most.

I think I closed my heart when you came out of my story and it was a huge blow for me to find the key (which I swore was with me) the truth, who was wearing it was you, and when I opened it, I realized that all the feelings, that I thought They had been extinguished, they were always there, asleep, waiting for you to come back.

And now, I do not know what to do with so much love in the midst of this emptiness.

Yes I love you.

I love every little part of you.

I love the way you look at me,

the way you smile,

the way you touch me,

I love your accent...

I love the magnificent person you are.

It's funny to be here writing all this and thinking about our past... thinking about that fatal exchange that changed my destiny.

And without doubt I am proud of seeing that incredible future that awaits you as a writer or the one you have already conquered.

Never doubt that you are the greatest example of victory for me. Also, speaking of this, stop putting the credit in my hands, you are what you are today on your merit, and not mine.

Maybe I gave the "initial whistle" but the decision to heal started from you, in you.

Only you.

If it's possible, I just want to ask you one thing, do you accept me again?

I discovered the worst way I need your arms to find the strength, to feel safe...
to feel alive!

I don't know what would my life be if I can't have you again by my side.

An agony without limit seizes me when think that I will never be able to call you mine...

I hope I can make you understand the immensity of these words.

If you still love me,
you know where to find me.

"I was told to put my job in front of you but it won't hold me like you do"

With love, Camila.

....................................................................................................................................................................

"Shit, shit, shit..." I whispered, getting up. Tears wet my face, while trying, uselessly, to find where I left the keys.

After ten minutes spinning around the apartment I left the house,
begging not to be too late.