Chapter 80

Lauren's POV

When I entered the city known buildings, the aroma and noise of Miami reassured me. There really is nothing better than being at home. I slowed down, although I was tired and crazy about sleeping a bit, I could not miss the opportunity to take a walk.

The roads were quite moving, one of the avenues had been closed for some reason and that caused a huge damn..

I turned on the radio and tuned in a station that commented on what happened. I heard the news already ending so I didn't understand much, besides that the police were involved.

I gave the whole turn, due to the closed avenue and as the road would make me pass in front of my parents' house, I decided to stop by to see how things were over there.

I rang the bell and waited a few seconds, before the door was opened by my brother.

"Hey" I smiled, stealing her beret and ruffling her hair.

"Don't bother, give it to me" she took it from my hand, laughing. I entered the room.

"Daughter!" My mom got up from the sofa, before I could tell her that it was not necessary.

"Hello!" I hugged her, kissing her forehead "I decided to visit you."

"We already missed you."

"Speak for you" replied my brother, smiling.

Conversation was going, conversation was coming, even my mom touching a sensitive topic.

"Oh my angel, we're all worried with Camila..." she commented "have you talked with her?"

"With Camilla? Why?"

"Haven't you seen the news? She is on all the television channels" she said

I froze.

"I didn't. What happened?.."

Then she told me everything that happened with the clinic.

I sighed, shaking my head.

"We are worried, she doesn't answer her cell phone."

"She's perfect, mom..." I said in a harsh voice "she is doing what she loves. Also, she lives for that, she must be happy..."

"Your project is breaking up, shouldn't she be throwing fireworks."

"Chris, believe me, she is..." he made a perfect apology for hiding in his work again. My voice came out more bitter than I should have.

My mother saw me again worried and I knew it was time to go.

Before shee talked about more.

Camila's POV

Finally came Friday, the week was tumultuous, between interviews and attempts to invade the police did not even have time to breathe.

After the revolt was controlled the phone did not stop ringing for two seconds.

Calls from reporters and relatives of some patients were constant. Inside the clinic everything was demolished, so we hired nurses to stay with each patient in their homes while we cleaned all the mess and restored the furniture and broken machines.

Lunch was crossed off my priority list, as well as sleeping. When I could go home I didn't stick my eyes for two hours, thinking about everything I had to do the next day.

Then it arrived on Thursday.

And I didn't give anymore.

Just like today, what a bad thing I got up and I started to distribute order and curse up the drinking fountain.

"Julián, forget it, we've finished the budget" I growled. I couldn't hear the word buy or rent anymore.

"but Camila..."

"ENOUGH!" I shouted "I can't take it anymore" I threw myself on the chair, hiding my head in my hands.

"Dear, go home to us..."

"Do you take charge?"I looked up, furious  "as they took charge when I went on vacation?" I didn't want to treat him like that, but I reached the limit.

"I'm very sorry about that" he said, head down. I sighed.

"Come here, I need a hug" I extended my arms and ulian accepted my request in a good way. "I apologize, you are the best, I am the one who is very stressed."

"Rest this weekend, nothing to worry" he tightened my nose fondly, I smiled.

However later I felt the lack of someone who would certainly have the same concern with me. I blinked several times, stopped the tears and concentrated again on the clinic.