Chapter 84

Lauren's POV

I sighed, my hands still trembling through my hair, I walked away from the window, letting go of the phone, picked up everything on the table and left the office. Curiously looks focused on my face, I ignored them, without patience.

I walked with firm steps, determined to reach the exit and lock myself at home. But...

"Miss Jauregui" that's my name and turned a little, raising an eyebrow.

"Someone wad ooking for you"

I took a deep breath and approached the counter, releasing the papers in my hands, while waiting for him to continue.

"she didn't leave a name..."

"She?" I frowned "was she my sister?"

"No, clearly it was not Miss Taylor..."

"Did shhe leave a message?" He denied.- Hell, what did that person want?

"She only asked if you were in you office, I decided to let her know if she was waiting for someone."

"How was she?"

"Wedium height, long hair and I didn't see well, but maybe brown.." he narrowed his eyes, trying to remember more "oh and she had intense look."

I staggered. My feelings was strong, causing the color to be removed from my face and a knot in the throat seemed to strangle me.

"Do you feel good? Would you like a glass of water?" I shook my head, unable to respond with words.

I don't know how I got to the sofa.

My pulse was accelerated, the sweat in my hands wet the leaves that loaded.
My body trembled. Just thinking that she was so close... I could almost feel her sweet aroma spread through the reception.

I swallowed dry. The urge to call her and ask her why she didn't go up, why she didn't look for me, were practically torturous.

God, only God knows how well she would let me know that she missed me. I had the certainty that if I saw her, nothing else would matter, I would simply take her in my arms. Unquestionably I have no power over me when she is near.

Camila's POV

The coffee had already cooled, my lips formed an expression of defeat, I released the spoon, tired of being moved in the cup in front of me.

My thoughts were far away, or maybe, not so much, they were two blocks away.

Her eyes, her damn green eyes, appear in my head every time I close mine. It's impossible to live like this. Repentance had already sprung up in my heart a long time ago, but I didn't let it spread.

Today, I gave up.

I gave up because it's inevitable to think that I could have entered her office and been greeted by a nice smile.

We would exchange one or two kisses and she would ask me how I spent the night, even if it had been, most likely, in her arms. I would have a tantrum until I pulled her out of her job and dragged her to the cafeteria with me, we would share a piece of cake and we would laugh all the time.

Knowing that the world doesn't matter when we are together.

And I had already finished my coffee centuries ago.

I sighed tired.

Every day that passes I feel the absence between us increase. And I lose more and more the courage to face her...

To run the risk of seeing her run.

My cell phone rang, I saw the screen. Sofia.

"Hello Princess!" I said, quickly. My sister, now with almost eleven years vibrated on the other side of the line to tell me the novelty.

"I'm going to spend the holidays with you." a smile was painted on my face "Kaki I'll ome to Miami!" she screamed

"Mama gave you permission?" I opened my eyes completely, feeling strengthened by the news.

"Yes. Wait, she wants to talk to you to plan everything..." he gave one last scream and handed the phone to my mom.

I held it between my shoulder and my ear, while paying the bill and holding the purse over my shoulder. Dazed with the amount of questions she asked me, I stumbled upon someone who was entering the site.

I mumbled an apology, head down.