Chapter 69

Lauren's POV

"I feel confused" she said, after a few seconds that seemed like an eternity.

"With what do you feel like that?" I frowned, my expression slightly downcast.

"No, it's not that..." he sighed "is that things aren't as easy as they were a few years ago."

"Was it easy? Camila, you lived in Mexico and I lived in Miami, the opportunities to be together were practically nil..."

"But we were young, we didnxt mediate the consequences of anything. At least I didn't. Lauren, I did a lot of crazy things, remember when I followed you to the club? Alone? You know very well that they could have killed me there..." I rubbed my hands in my hair, breathing deeply "today I would be more careful. And the clinic, Lauren, she takes a long time.. I haven't lived for years because of her"

"Then it's time to start living."

"I can't abandon everything..." she looked down "I don't want you to receive a Camila in half."

"Can I be sincere with you? I prefer you a thousand times in half to lose you again."

She closed her eyes for a few seconds.

"I miss the time you gave yourself.." I whispered "that's why now everything seems more complicated, before we both fought, now it seems that only I care..."

"I just don't want us to suffer later..."

"I'm sorry, but we're already suffering, in case you hadn't noticed" I said in a soft voice "you have to decide, I also need to touch my life..." she opened her lips to answer, but I was faster "and yes, I understand your position and I know it's not so easy, but sometimes we must listen to what it sayw here..."  I put my hand on my heart "and send the rest of the world to shut up"

Camila's POV

I saw her eyes, ignoring everything else that was around us, I put all my attention on the green already known, perhaps the only part of her features that hadn't received any change.

I extended my hand, touching her forehead, feeling the softness of her skin. She was watching me in silence, completely confused. I swallowed, trampling my fears and uncertainties, forgetting the future and picking up the past, holding on to the present with both hands.

It was hard to abandon reason and let myself be guided -perhaps for the first time since I arrived- by my heart.

I didn't want to be the first to pronounce myself, much less to say such words, but something told me that only then could I prove to Lauren that despite all the confusion that I am going through, nothing will move what I feel inside my chest.

"Lauren, I..." I whispered, focusing her eyes, all the time in them "fucking god, you know how much I love you" I said in a single breath, before she could answer anything, I started to speak.

"I know it's been a long time and that a few days ago we are here, I also know that when we finished it seemed that everything was dead, and I must say that I believed blindly that it was, but since I saw you it seems that everything returned with an intensity a thousand times greater. I discovered how crazy I am for you and that will not change, regardless of what I say or any stupidity I do, orr the confusion I'm having now, or whatever happens from now on..."

Lauren's POV

I was surprised to hear such words being spoken with such conviction and with all the letters. An uncontrollable smile played across my face while Camila spoke without even breathing.

My heart beat very fast, fragile to receive so many feelings at once. I spent years without having it in my life and I was mediocre enough to believe that I would be able to be happy without it, when, in reality, Camila had stayed with my smile, well as she brought it.

"And you won't tell me anything?" she asked, apprehensive. I hadn't even realized that he had stopped talking for a while.

"Camila, you have no idea of ​​all the nights I went blank with the fear that I would never hear you say what you said a moment ago..."  mI touched her face, tracing the contours of her cheeks now flushed.

"So, when I laid my eyes on you again after all this time, I was sure that nothing that I felt had changed in the least, remained intact" she smiled, embarrassed "and...
I love you too, like a motherfucker"

There was nothing more to say, actions could explain much better than words.

I brushed my lips in hers, intoxicating myself with the sweet taste and the softness of them, I put them in mine, initiating a quiet kiss, full of meanings.

I linked her waist, bringing her closer to me, feeling her again. Wow, her words rolled in my mind interrupted and a happiness so big and so strong exploded in my chest that I couldnt stay with her for long because an uncontrollable laugh escaped.

"Are you crazy?" she asked, watching me, while laughing too.

"I am happy" I replied, falling back on the bed, taking her with me, making her stay on my body for a few seconds before rolling back with her, from one side to the other, while we laughed.

It had been a while since I felt so alive.