Chapter 32

It has always been you who understood me from the beginning 'till the end

Camila's POV

"No, I was getting ready to sleep" I sounded sincerely, I only said that because I wanted to believe in the remote possibility that she would leave what she had to tell me and do it later.

"Oh, thank God" she sighed relieved "I'm having so much fun around here that it can be a crime" she started laughing.

Yes, here is the remote possibility that I mentioned before.She talked. And I speak. And she spoke a little more. Telling me to the smallest details.

"but what about you !? I feel like you're tired..."I acknowledged the sarcastic thought that was screaming hours ago in my head.

"Well yes, I'm working too hard..."

"Do you want to talk about that?"

Pause

Taylor is studying psychiatry, everything and any problem for her should be put out, from a broken fingernail to the death of a relative.

Following...

"It's not necessary, I just have to sleep a few hours" she will take the hint.

She didn't understand. Tomorrow at first hour I will go out and buy a caller ID.

"You need to get away from that city... Miami can be a beautiful city, but it's not a good place to rest. Come here, Drew is going to look for you at the airport."

"No way, I'm not going to ruin your trip"

"Camila, my love, you won't ruin anything. Just don't ask to sleep in the same room with js and everything will be fine" she cackled

"Forget it, I don't want to distance myself so much."

After an almost endless conversation she put at my disposal the house she has here. I don't know if it was because of the time, because of the fatigue, for wanting to end the call quickly and go to sleep or for the fact that the proposal was very tempting.
I accepted

We agreed that I would take the key that Clara has and that I would be away from the madness of this city for a few days.
I would run away from the world, as Taylor said.

After a good night's sleep and a week full of hard work I got some time to go to Clara and Michael's house.

The place was exactly as I remembered it, a garden full of flowers and with many cares, the cozy house full of memories, I smiled as I rang the bell.

The door was opened by a teenager at the age of thirteen, his hair was black as night, his eyes were exactly the same as someone I came to know very well, family traits made me smile...

"Camila" he said surprised, while also smiling at me. A smile that should disarm any teenager "how are you, eternal brother-in-law?"

"Very good" I loosened hie hair a bit, while he opened the way for me to enter and you, eternal adoptive sidtrr?" Chris started laughing, closing the door behind him.

"You're huge" I commented, seeing him "I swear that if I had found you on the street I wouldn't have recognized you."

"Oh, you're treating me baad.." we laugh.

"Chris, who's..." Clara appeared with her typical kitchen cloth in her hands
"Camila!" She exclaimed, approaching me "Now we only receive news from you on television" she hugged me

"Say that, I was stunned with all the change my life gave.." I smiled, seeing her

"Taylor didn't warn you that I would come?" she denied "well, I came to get the keys to your house inside, I'm going there."

"Oh, that place is wonderful, you'll love it" she smiled. I took the liberty of sitting down.

"Although the time has passed I feel at home..." we laughed

"This will always be your home, my dear" Clara said  and then she turned to Chris
"put dow  the volume to that television boy, you will be deaf and you will leave us all the same..." Chris rolled his eyes, but obeyed his mom "will you accompany me to the kitchen?" she came back to see me.

We sat there, Clara prepared coffee and although I told her I couldn't delay she didn't let me leave so quickly without having a talk. At the start, she said something that left me with my heart in my hand.

"You have to know that the doors of this house will always be open for you..." I nodded, smiling "this family is yours too."