Chapter 79

Lauren's POV

I packed the suitcases, with the deafening silence offending my ears. I closed the windows and pulled the curtains down, while my shoes crashed against the wooden floor of the second floor.

When I returned to the room to look for my things, Camila's sweet perfume made me stagger. I fell on the bed, with my head in my hands. I raised my gaze and focused on any point, while fighting against the probable tears.

After a few minutes, I went down the stairs, checking if I had left everything in order. I took the keys that hung behind the door and -after removing the car-I left the house.

Everything was done automatically.
My heart is still sad, with a scar that I don't think it will be cured so soon.

I went to the Cafe de la Nana to say goodbye. As soon as I entered the bell on the door it rang, making him pay attention to me.

"Oh, Lauren!" she smiled kindly. In seconds he embraced me with affection. I was so fragile that I needed to control myself so I would not waver in front of her "where is your friend?" she asked, when she released me.

"She..." I swallowed dry "had to leave."

"Why?"

"Problems...I think" I said and smiled, without many strengths.

"Oh, tell me, did you argue?" I shocked my head no "then where is that brightness that was in your eyes?"

I sighed.

"I promise that when I know what happened you will be the first to know. But, now I came to say goodbye."

"Already?"

"Yes. I already have the car ready, I will leave for Miami as soon as the woman prepares a sandwich for the trip..." I teased.

"I'll make you something special, my girl."

And really, she fulfilled my whim.
And above all, I didn't let her pay ky.

I got into the car and the smile on my face disappeared.

I felt lonely and fragile again. I breathed deeply several times in a row before starting. And resume my life.

Without Camila.

The sun was setting as I approached Miami. The sky was painted an orange, while the breeze came through the window of the car. A perfect climate to be next to someone special.

A bitter smile sprang to my lips before I knew it. I sighed, if I had known that yesterday would be my last night with her I would have taken advantage of her a thousand times more.

I would have done everything differently. More calmly

I would not have closed my eyes.

But how to predict something unexpected? I didn't even dream that I was going to wake up and she would have left.

I stepped on the brake a second before going through a gap. Hell, I can't be distracting like that while I'm driving.

The distance seemed to have doubled, I felt exhausted. I put my arm on the open window while driving with one hand.

The sound of my cell phone forced me to drag my gaze to the passenger seat where I had left it next to my bag, documents and the empty container of the buns that Nana prepared for me.

Taylor

I knew what she would call. Sooner or later. I shook my head and ignored her, without patience to explain everything.

My sister has the gift of making people feel sorry for themselves. And that isn't something I want now.

A car stopped next to mine when I needed to slow down to pass in front of the traffic police.

A family.

They lowered the glasses and nodded in my direction, the mom lifted something that was in her lap.

My book.

And what else could I do if I didn't open my typical smile every day? Every day I wasn't with Camila, obviously, the smile addressed to her is different, it's true.

Maybe because at a time when I didn't show my teeth she made me discover how wonderful it is to do it.

It is unfortunate that the best things happen so fast...