Chapter 17

Aldrin sent an direct email to me saying that he's taking another week for his leave since he can't leave his wife in their house and she needs his help. That email made me happy though, kahit hindi naman ito napasok ay may sahod parin siya kay Dane.

Today is not hectic unlike the passed days. Anjenica texted me that she's already here and she wants us to have dinner and fun tonight. I told her that i can't promise to be there but she was so persistent to be with me tonight. I'll try to ask permission from Dane first, lalo na ngayong our relationship is getting better, alot better. Nakakapagusap na kami and we even had calm conversation while eating. I'm so happy and contented having small interactions with him for now. It'll take more time pa.

"Are you done with the papers?" He asked while eating. We're having lunch in his office, our usual routine.

"Ah, yes" sabi ko at hindi makatingin ng diretso sakanya. I can still feel the awkwardness after I kissed him in his room.

"Aldrin said he sent you an email? What was that all about?" Tanong niya muli. Kita ko ang pag-angat ng kanyang labi dahil sa inaakto ko. He's obviously enjoying this. Tss.

"Ma...matatagalan daw siya bago bumalik dito dahil his wife needs him" nauutal na sabi ko. I didn't even try to look at him dahil mas matutuwa siya kapag nakikita niyang naiilang ako.

"You were so brave that night" He said cockily.

"Dane" trying to stop him,

"And now you can't even look straightly to me. Where's the confidence you had when you did that?" He stated with a complete smirk in his face,

Psh. I rolled my eyes and I heard his chuckle. He continued eating with a good mood.

"Dane, can I go out tonight with Anjenica?" Tanong ko ng malala ko ang anyaya ni Anjenica.

Lumipat agad saakin ang tingin niya saakin ngunit agad ding binawi at binalik ang tuon sa pagkain.

"Just the two of you?"

"I'm not sure about that, but Aly might be with us too" I honestly said. Hindi ko alam kung may inaya ba siya o kaming dalawa lang. Lagi nalang akong nagugulat ng may kasama pala kami like before si Alex. Oh! I missed that guy.

"Do you really want to go?" He asked me intently.

"Yes" sagot ko. I saw the disappointment in his eyes like he didn't like my answer. Gusto ko sana bawiin ang sagot ko at sabihin kong huwag nalang ng nagsalita siya muli.

"You decide for yourself. It's your life anyway. Just go home on time." He stood up and left me. Pumasok siya sa hidden room niya dito sa office. What's his problem? Napakamoody talaga ni Dane. I can't understand him sometimes but I love him so much so it's fine.

"Why do you need his permission pa kasi?! Siya nga hindi nagpapaalam sayo kapag nagpaparty siya with his hook-ups! Nakakagigil talaga yang asawa mo" histerikal na sabi ni Anjenica. I tried to calm her because she caught some attention from other customer here in the restaurant. Kinwento ko kasi sakanya ang nangyari sa office.

"Anjenca, he's my husband. He should know my whereabouts" I explained. She doesn't look convinced.

"Does he care about you? He knows yours pero ikaw alam mo ba sakanya? Ni hindi nga ata nagtetext sayo iyon" Walang prenong sinabi ang katotohanan ni Anjenica. This girl is so straightforward kung minsan ay nakakasakit na. This bestfriend of mine is so insensitive!