Chapter 7

The Riders were flying in a perfect dimond-formation quickly approaching the island. Eos and Eurus were all the way in the back and the girl had pulled up her hood and put her facemask on. You could barely even see her piercing green eyes through the black fabric. Eos heared her dragons big wings flapping and felt her strong muscles underneath her skin. She felt powerful when she was riding that dragon. Like they could take on anything. She didn't usually feel like that without Eurus. Sure, she was good with her swords, but she used more technique than actual strengh. The girl was inelligent but not strong. On her island, a strong mind meant something but out here, people had the mindset of ‚hit it until it does what you want'. She was glad that at least her best friend wasn't like that. Hiccup used his head. Eos looked over to the man riding the Skirll in front of her. She supposed he had that trait aswell.

„Alright, we're here gang. Eos, are you ready?", Hiccup asked.

Eos nodded and shot up into the clouds with Eurus. The dragon was perfectly hidden in the white clouds that mached her scales. When she was just above the island she could her the Death Song and some Singtails screeching.

„Alright girl, let's go.", Eos whispered in her dragons ear.

They started to fly towards the island and stayed just under the clouds still barely visable. Eurus started blasting some catapults and some archers but didn't yet start to fire in the middle of the island, where the Death Song was. Only as she had taken out the first defenses Viggo and the twins joined her to keep the rest of the Hunters busy.
Eos was now flying closer to the ground, taking out groups of archers and heating up the cocoons, in which the Singtails were trapped to add to the commotion so the rest of the Riders could free the Death Song.
Eos landed next to a Singtail and told Eurus to free it when, all of the sudden, another Singtail attacked her and blasted Eos off her dragon. She landed hard on the stone ground. As she looked up, Eurus had set the other Singtail free, but now they were both attacking her dragon. This didn't make sense. Whey wouldn't the Singtails leave? To make matters worse, Eos could now hear Hunters approaching. She looked up at the sky and saw all the other Riders getting chased by Singtails as well. Realizing no one was going to save her, Eos got up and took out her two slim swords (they are similar to katanas). The Hunters immediatly started shooting arrows as soon as they saw her. Eos managed to dodge the first wave but she knew she wouldn't always be able to do so. She ran at the first Hunter and quickly cut his bow in half, making it useless. She then kicked him in his face, just before the next Hunter came at her, throwing punches at her. He managed to hit Eos' jaw and she fell to the ground. In the meantime, the other Hunters had shot arrows at the batteling dragons who were now laying on the ground and were about to be put in cages.

Upon seeing that Eurus was being grabbed by Hunters, Eos shot up and ran toward her, just to be held back by the Dragon Hunter that had knocked her down seconds ago.

„Sorry girl. You're coming with us. Krogan has been dying to see the pretty face behind that mask.", the Hunter sneered in her ear.

Then he hit her face again, this time hard enough to make the world around her go black. Eos expected to hit the ground but was cought by the Hunter and thrown over his shoulder. She heard a familiar voice yelling at the Hunter but the feeling of darkness only grew and soon the voice disppeared and was replaced by a soft ringing in her ears.