Chapter 25

The next morning, Eos woke up at early dawn. She sat up a little and looked around the room. Hiccup's hut looked a lot neater since Viggo moved in. The boy usually had his tools and whatever he was tinkering with at the moment spread around the entire room, accompanied by his millions of plans and sketches and the occasional book.
Now the books were neatly put in a shelf, sorted after alphabetical order. His tools were all actually in his tool box or in the forge where he needed them. All papers were neatly stacked and sorted on his desk and the parts for his newest invention were lined up perfectly.
Eos saw the man on the floor next to her stirring awake. She laid back down and look at him in his eyes.

"Good morning." She said with a warm smile which Viggo returned. She climbed out of bed and sat down on the floor. Sitting up, Viggo placed a hand on her cheek and softly gave her a kiss on her forehead.

"Good morning, my dear." Viggo said, retrieving his hand. He was about to get up and get ready for the day, but Eos winced a little and pulled him into a hug.

"Just a minute longer. I don't want to start the day yet." She whispered. Viggo gave a deep chuckle and stroked her back softly.

"I could get used to mornings like this." He said with a hushed voice.

"Yeah, well, Astrid would surly get suspicious, if I didn't sleep in her hut anymore." Eos said, still sounding tired. But then she realized something. "Oh gosh, Astrid!" She yelled out, pushing Viggo away. "She'll surly be home by now!"

"My dear, please, stay calm. Hiccup already knows as well, would it be that much of a problem if Astrid knew?" He asked.

"That's not the problem, Viggo." Eos sighed. "If Astrid got home sometime last night, and she didn't know where I was she would ask the others to help find me. So maybe, the entire island already knows." Eos said, hastily getting up and putting her boots back on. Viggo must've taken them off without her noticing.

"Eos, don't you think we would've noticed if someone came in, in the middle of the night?" That sentence got her to slow down a bit.

"Yeah.. yeah, you're probably right. Sorry." She said, slowly sitting back down on the bedside.

"It's alright now, my flower. But I hope that you do realize, we can't keep this a secret for ever." Eos was about to answer, but Viggo cut her of with a short kiss. "Go to your hut now, before Astrid gets suspicious."

And with that Eos headed out into the cold winter air, back to her hut.