Where's Anna?

Abby awoke the next morning and the first thing she saw was Edmund, right beside her, which made her smile. She remembered the events of last night.
They had stayed in the water very late into the night and then camped out on the beach. She and Edmund were the last to fall asleep since they both stayed up admiring the stars.

She looked at Edmund who was fast asleep and kissed him on the cheek.
He groaned, and then she kissed him on the lips. He kissed back this time and finally opened his eyes when she pulled away.

"Morning Abbs." Edmund said sitting up and resting his head on his hand.
"Morning Ed." Abby said as she smiled and gave him another kiss.

                              ♕♕♕

Anna walked through the woods, basket in hand and looking for fruit. She had awoken early and decided to go get breakfast. She had found some strawberries and blueberries and went to pick some apples off of a tree.

"A world where you and I belong, where faith and love will keep us strong.
Exactly who we are is just enough.
There's a place-"

Anna stopped singing as she heard a low growl.
"H-hello?"
Nobody answered, so Anna shrugged it off and went back to picking apples and singing.

"There's a place for us."

"Stop singing!"

Anna's eyes went wide as she searched for the owner of the voice.

"Who's there?!"
"Your worst nightmare." The voice said in a slightly lower tone.
Anna started to breath heavily
"W-what happens if I don't stop singing?"
"Oh." The voice laughed, but it was a cruel and evil laugh.
"You will regret it!!!" The voice said much louder, but it gradually got deeper and sounded more evil with each word. And then, Anna was in complete darkness.

The sun that was shining so brightly, and the trees that were so green, were now pitch black. As soon as she saw this she screamed and ran back to the beach as fast as she could.

                              ♕♕♕

Abby stood up and looked at the ocean. Then she turned around to see the others getting up as well, but then she noticed someone was missing.

"W-where's Anna?" Abby said, worry evident in her voice.
Abby walked over to where Anna had once been sleeping. The blanket was empty.

Abbys eyes widened and her breathing got heavy.
"Sydni!" Abby screamed hoping she knew where Anna was.
"I- I haven't talked to her since last night." Sydni said beginning to worry.

Just then they all heard a scream.
Abby started to breath even heavier as she ran a hand through her hair.
She then began running around the beach yelling her name, the others doing the same.

"Anna!"
"Anna!!"
"Anna!!!"
"Anna!!!!"
"Anna!!!!!!!!"

Abby and Sydni Shouted until their throats were raw. They had run up and down the whole beach and found nothing....or no one.

Abby let the tears she had been holding back fall as she sunk to the ground...fearing the worst for her friend.
Sydni, who was now crying as well ran towards her and wrapped her arms around her.

But then they heard footsteps.
Quick footsteps...running footsteps.
Abby's head popped up just as Anna came sprinting out of the woods a look of pure fear on her face.

Abby's eyes went wide when she saw her.
"ANNA!!!"

Abby screamed jumping up and running to her.
Abby wrapped her arms around Anna as though she would never let go.
Anna gladly hugged her back.
Abby then started sobbing

"Hey hey what's wrong?" Anna asked.
"I thought I'd lost you." Abby said with a sniffle, squeezing Anna tighter.
Anna hugged her friend tightly.

After about ten minutes Abby hesitated but finally let go.

"Listen to me. You are never ever going to lose me, okay?" Anna reassured her friend.
Abby took a deep breath.
"Okay." She said with a smile.

The two walked over to everyone else, Abby, not leaving Anna's side. Sydni quickly gave Anna a hug.
"You had me worried out of my mind, Anna!"
"Sorry."
"Just don't do it again."
"I'll try." Anna Replied with a smile.

The others then hugged Anna and told her they were glad she was okay, and to make sure and tell someone next time she left. 

When Edmund hugged her, though he whispered something in her ear.
"Nothing can ever happen to you because if it does then it will break her. If she is broken, then I am broken."
Anna felt tears appear in her eyes at the love he clearly felt for her friend.
"Plus I care about you." Edmund said with a smile as he pulled away and Anna returned it.

"Are you alright?" Lucy asked after she gave her a hug.

Anna's eyes then went wide as she remembered what had just happened.
"No!"
"No?!" Abby questioned. "What do you mean No?!"

"In the woods, I was gathering fruit, and I started singing, then I heard this voice."
"What kind of voice?" Edmund questioned.
"A cruel dark voice, it sounded like what I imagine evil would sound like.
It said to stop singing, and that if I didn't I would regret it. With each word it spoke, the voice got deeper and more cruel.
Then, I saw nothing but darkness.
There was no sun, the trees were no longer green...nothing only darkness.
So I ran back here as fast as I could."

"Oh Anna." Abby Said as she wrapped her arms around her friend tightly, Sydni joining in.

"What- what does this mean?" Susan asked.
"Nothing good." Peter Replied with a sad expression on his face.
"Well what do we do?!" Lucy asked  in fear
Peter took a deep breath.
"I don't know." He said.

A/N: We are finally getting into the real plot of the story yay!!! So excited for what is coming I hope you guys are too!!! Also hope your enjoying this fanfic as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Much Love♥️