Dearest Daughter

Edmund looked up at the celling, unable to sleep. He was in a sleeping Bag in Abbys room, and Anna and Sydni were in the bed with her. She didn't want to be alone, which he understood.
Abby said he didn't have to stay but he wanted to be by her side and protect her as much as he could.
Edmund gave up on sleep, and got up and quietly walked out the door and down the hall.
Edmund walked down the hall and knocked on the door. "Pete?" He asked.'
"Come in." Came his brothers voice.
"Hey." Edmund said as he sat on his brothers bed.
"Can't sleep either?"
Edmund asked his brother, who was sitting at his desk reading instead of in bed.
"Nope." Peter said sitting beside Edmund.
Edmund nodded.
"What's wrong Ed?"
Edmund sighed.
"Edmund, I know you didn't come to my room in the middle of the night to talk about sleeping arrangements." Peter said with a chuckle.
"Now what's troubling you?"

"I still think its my fault." Edmund said in a chocked voice.
"Edmund-"
"Peter!" Edmund cut him off.
"It is my job to protect her. To look after her and keep her safe...and I failed"
"Edmund you did not fail, you were put under a spell!"
"There is no way you could have done anything. And even if you weren't there is no way she was going to let them kill you!"

Edmund sighed.
"She cares about me. She cares about me so much."
"I know she does Ed." Peter said.
"She cares about me enough to risk her life so I would not lose mine.....and I couldn't even protect her from TWO FEET AWAY!!!"
"Edmund look at me." Peter said.
Edmund did.
"This is not your fault!"
"But-"
"No Ed. Listen to me. You did not put your hand over her mouth so she couldn't scream for help or breath. You did not hold a dagger her neck or her hand.
You did not threaten her life, and yours! You did not cause any of the pain she is going through now, and you did not cause any of it she went through last night. Okay?"
Edmund was about to say something but changed his mind, and eventually nodded.

"So what do I do now?" He asked.

"All you can do is be there for her.
You help her find her strength and her courage that she feels she was robbed of. You help her get back her right to be able to sleep at night without the fear that someone will attack her.
You help her get back to being her.
You help her in whatever way she needs. You be there for her...and you be you. That will be enough."

"Thanks Peter." Edmund said as he gave his brother a hug, Peter gladly hugged him back.
"Your welcome Edmund."
A couple minutes later Peter noticed Edmunds breathing was heavy.
"Edmund?" Peter asked.
"Ed?"
Peter laughed to himself as he realized his brother had fallen asleep on his chest.
He slowly laid  him down on his bed and pulled the covers over him.
"Goodnight Ed." Peter said kissing the top of his head.

                 ♕♕♕

                       3 days later

Abby laid in bed, alone for the first time since the attack.
She didn't particularly want to be alone, but she knew she needed to do this, so she did. She would have to sleep alone eventually, and she felt she was ready, despite the protests from everyone. Abby felt herself finally drifting off. She was ready to finally get a good nights sleep and not have to worry about being woken up with a knife to her hand, maybe tonight would be the night.

Abby slowly opened her eyes. "Woah."
She was in a beautiful field filled with an assortment of flowers, and they all smelled divine. Just as she was going to go pick some flowers something else caught her attention. About fifty feet away stood, a lion.

"Aslan?" Abby questioned running towards him.
"Aslan!!!" She cried when she saw it was him. She quickly fell to her knees, bowing before the Great King.

"Rise Dear One." Came the Lions majestic, yet powerful voice.
Abby stood up and ran to hug the lion. She longed to stroke his mane, he nodded giving her permission and she did so.
"Its softer than I could have ever imagined." She whispered to herself.

"You have been faithful child, faithful indeed." Aslan said, and Abby smiled at him.
"You have gone through something terrible, I am so sorry that happened to you. But you never lost faith, and that is what matters the most."
"Thank you Aslan."
"But things are about to get much more difficult."
Abby looked at him in confusion.
"What?!" She asked with wide eyes.
"Its going to be harder than you ever imagined. You will face great trials, and you must have courage, and strength. Do not fear, for I am with you, dear one. I will be watching you the whole way through. You can  always call out to me, and I will help you.
"I know that Aslan."
"Your stronger than you think you are. And you are indeed a lioness. I know you can be courageous, but you must know it too or you will not make it."
"I will work harder on believing in myself. Thank you Aslan." Abby said with a smile.
You are filled with more Power than you know, all of you are."
Abby smiled.

"I'm afraid I must leave now. But please, don't forget what I have said, for you will find yourself in great need of it one day."
"I won't Aslan. I will keep it in my heart forever."
"I'm glad to hear it."
"Will we meet again?" Abby Asked hopefully.
"I have no doubt about that, dearest daughter."
Abby smiled widely.
"Goodbye for now dear one."
"Goodbye Aslan." She said as she kissed his forehead.
Then he breathed on her, and disappeared.