Lifeless

(A/N: While your reading this chapter remember that the whole time it's pouring down rain😊)
Enjoy 💞
Or try to....

Edmund sprinted over to Abby, kneeling down beside her.
"Abby! Abby!!!" He shouted shaking her, but she didn't move.
He quickly started applying pressure to the wound, to try and stop the bleeding.
"Come on Abby!!" He said as he applied pressure. But she didn't move, she just laid there. She was pale, so so pale.
There was so much blood, more than Edmund had ever seen.
The grass was now red, instead of green.
No matter how hard he pressed, it just wouldn't stop bleeding.
He put his ear on her chest to see if her heart was beating and he let out a sob when it wasn't. 
But she was.... breathing.

Her breaths were shallow, and extremely labored. They were also only happening a few times a minute, which wasn't nearly enough, but.... it was something.
She was alive.

"I need to get her to the castle, and to Lucys cordial." Edmund said.
Edmund took off his jacket and tied it around her chest, hoping it would help control the bleeding.
Then he lifted her off the ground and into his arms, bridal style.
He watched her head fall against his shoulder, and he saw her chest rise and fall, the slightest bit.
She's still breathing. He thought.
"Stay with me Abby, okay? I'm going to get you some help, but you have to stay with me!"

And then he ran. He ran as fast as he could, with Abby in his arms, back to Cair Paravel.
He didn't even notice that it had started raining about halfway there, and it was pouring by the time he arrived.

"Help!!!" Edmund shouted at the top of his lungs.
"Help!!!! Help!!!!! Help!!!!!!!!"

Just then Sydni and Anna came rushing out.
"Oh my gosh!!!!!" Sydni said running towards them.
Edmund slowly laid Abby on the ground, just as his siblings came rushing out.
"Edmund?!" Peter started.
"Edmund whose blood is that?!" He asked, his voice shaking.
Edmund glanced down at his shirt. It was now completely red with blood, and so were his hands.
"Abbys." He said as he began crying.

"What happened?!!!"
Anna asked, kneeling beside them, tears filling her eyes as she grabbed Abbys hand.

"Someone dug an axe into her chest!" Edmund answered, as he removed his jacket, revealing her wound. Which was still bleeding, and a lot too.

"Lucy do you have your cordial?!" Edmund asked quickly, as Lucy sat beside him.
But Lucy was already on it. She had the stopper undone, and  was just about to pour one drop of cordial into her mouth.

"Wait!" Peter Shouted suddenly.
"She's not even breathing Edmund."
"What?!" Edmund asked in shock.
"I just checked not even five minutes ago and she was!"
"Well she isn't anymore." Susan said, as she looked at her chest to see it not moving at all.
Peter then leaned his ear down to her face, checking to see if he could hear her breathing.
"Nothing." He said sitting up.
Sydni put her fingers to Abbys wrist to check for a heartbeat.
"Her hear isn't beating!" She said with a sob.

"I don't care,  we have to save her!"
Edmund said, tears streaming down his face.
"Lucy please, please use your cordial." Anna said, in between tears.

Lucy quickly poured a drop of cordial into Abbys mouth, and moved to the other side of Edmund so he could be closer to her.
Edmund watched as the huge gash in her chest slowly closed, and all the blood on her disappeared.
But still, she didn't move.
She wasn't breathing and her heart wasn't beating.

"No, no, no!!!" Edmund shouted. He was now crying. "Please don't leave me baby, please. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you. Open your eyes, please. Open them and this time I promise to protect you with my life! I won't let anything like this happen ever again. Please. Please wake up. I can't handle a life without you. A life without you is no life I want to live. This world is too much for me without you in it. A world without Abby Harris is no world I want to live in."

He closed his eyes as he remembered when she said this to him after his nightmare. This made him cry harder.

"Please!" Anna begged.
"Please wake up Abby!!!!" 
"I need you. I need my best friend to give me advice, and make me laugh when all I want to do is cry. I need someone who understands me better than anyone. I need someone who has always loved me and always will no matter what. I need you. I don't want to not have you in my life. Please Abby. Please don't go."
She cried as she squeezed her hand, but Abby didn't squeeze back, which made her cry harder.

Sydni put her hand on Abby's shoulder as she too started sobbing . "Come on, please wake up." Sydni said shaking her.
"I don't want to lose you. I can't lose you. Please stay. Don't leave us please, please come back to us. I need to hear your beautiful words again. I need your kind heart to make my darkest nights sparkle. I need to see your beautiful smile again. I need your friendship in my life, and I need you alive Abby! I really need you alive."
She finished and started sobbing harder.

Lucy was crying, and Peter and Susan looked as if they were about to as well.

They sat there for at least twenty minutes waiting for something, anything to happen, but nothing did. She lay there, eyes closed, skin as pale as a ghost, not breathing and not moving.

"Why isn't it working?!" Edmund asked.
"I think it has Edmund." Susan said gently, as she too started to cry.
"What do you mean it has? She hasn't woken up, of course it hasn't worked!!!!"
"Edmund." Susan said. "The cordials job is to heal injuries. Not bring the dead back to life."

When Susan said this Sydni and Anna started sobbing uncontrollably.
Lucy couldn't stop her crying, and Peter by now was crying as well.
But Edmund got extremely red in the face and his eyes went wide.
"She's not dead!!!!" He screamed.

"Her skin." Anna started.
"Its so....so cold, and pale."
Edmund glanced at Anna and then back at Abby. 

He gently caressed her cheek with his fingers.
It was as cold as ice.
She wasn't breathing, and she hadn't been for twenty minutes.
Her heart hadn't beaten in...about 30 minutes, Edmund thought.
She was paler than he had ever seen, and colder than ice.
She hadn't even moved since she was hit with the axe.
He looked at her.
She looked, lifeless.
She didn't look like Abby.
She liked like a dead, lifeless corpse.

Edmund let out a huge sob.
"No!" He said, as he started sobbing uncontrollably.
"No!!!!!"
He picked up her hand, and laid his head on her shoulder as he continued crying uncontrollably.

"She's dead." He finally admitted.