The Wardrobe

Edmund woke up feeling a bit dazed but didn't think too much of it, he thought he must have just been really tired.
He smiled, remembering the events of last night and rolled over to face Abby.
He saw nobody was there and was confused.
Surely she would have woken me up when she did....he thought.

He got out of bed and guessed she had just went to her room to get ready or something, but when he saw blood on the door handle, he became concerned.
He looked behind him and saw a trail of blood going from the bed to the door.
"Abby?" He called, voice laced with worry as he opened the door.
He looked at the ground and his eyes grew wide as he saw another trail of blood from his door to Abbys door.
He rushed to the door and knocked...nothing....he knocked again and called her name but there was no reply.

"Okay." He said to himself. "I'll knock once more, and if she doesn't answer I'm going in."
He knocked again..."Abby?!!"
Nothing.
"I'm coming in." He said and opened the door. 
What he saw made him angry in confusion. She wasn't there.
Her bed was empty and so was her bathroom, there was no sign of her. He walked around the room again calling her name, and beginning to worry.

Just then Sydni and Anna came in.
"Is everything okay?" Anna asked.
"No." Edmund replied.
"Where's Abby?" Sydni asked, a bit concerned.
"I don't know, I can't find her! She was gone when I woke up this morning."
"When you woke up?" Anna asked.
Edmund sighed in frustration.

"Look, I had a nightmare last night. She came in my room to comfort me, and I didn't want to be alone so she stayed okay."
The two girls looked at each other.
"That's not important right now though!! What's important is where is Abby?!!"

Sydni and Anna both shouted her name and walked all around the room, Edmund following. 
"Your sure you looked everywhere?" Sydni questioned.
"Yes!" Edmund said.

"Guys?" Anna called. "Is that blood?" Anna was looking down at the floor in the centre of the room.
Sydni and Edmund rushed over.
"Yes" Edmund said. "And it's hers."
"How do you know?" Anna asked.
"Because there's a trail of blood going from my bed to her doorway that looks exactly like that. As well as a bloody door handle."
Anna sighed. "Well what on earth happened?" She questioned with fear in her voice.
"I don't know...but we need to find out." Edmund replied.

Sydni was studying the blood and decided to follow the trail. It lead her right to...the Wardrobe.
"Edmund are you sure we've looked everywhere?" Sydni asked.
Edmund sighed in frustration.
"Yes I'm-"
"Even the Wardrobe..." Sydni said.
Anna and Edmunds eyes went wide as they ran to the wardrobe. Sydni took a deep breath as she opened the door, noticing the handle was stained with blood.

Sure enough, there was Abby.
Lying on the Wardrobe floor, pale, covered in blood, and unconscious.
The three knelt beside her.
"Oh my gosh!!" Sydni shouted.
Anna started crying.
"Abby! Abby!! Abby wake up!" Edmund shouted shaking her. But she didn't move.
"What on earth happened?" Anna asked scared.
"We can figure that out later,
right now we need to help her." Edmund replied.

He lifted her up off the ground and into his arms. He looked into her pale face, feeling scared out of his mind. He then walked over to her bed and laid her in it. He pulled the covers over her and sat down beside her.

"Can you guys go get me a bowl of water and a washcloth, and get Lucy and make sure she has her cordial." Edmund asked and Sydni and Anna hurried out of the room.

Edmund sighed as he picked up Abbys hand, "How could I have let this happen?"
"I should have been there....I should have protected you!! It's my job to protect you and I failed....I'm so sorry."
He kissed her hand as a few tears escaped his eyes.

Sydni and Anna came in, Lucy following quickly behind. Lucy sat beside Edmund and Sydni and Anna sat opposite them.

"What on earth happened?" Lucy questioned in a fearful, worried voice.
"We found her in the Wardrobe like this." Sydni told her. Lucy sighed.
Edmund took the washcloth and washed the blood, which was everywhere, but mostly her hand.

"Oh my gosh her hand!!" Anna cried as she picked it up and noticed the cut going completely across, and the excessive amount of blood around it.
Edmund wiped the blood and then noticed it was still bleeding, so he applied pressure to the wound to get it so stop.
"Come on." He said pressing down hard.
"There."
"It's stopped bleeding." Edmund said.
He then put a bandage around her hand, and placed a cool washcloth to her head.

"Ed." Lucy said in a gentle tone, putting her hand on his shoulder.
"Hmmm?" Edmund asked. Not taking his eyes off Abby.
"We need to get her out of this nightgown, its covered in blood."
Edmund looked up at Lucy and sighed. "But I don't want to leave her." He said frowning.
"I know but, your relationship hasn't gotten to this point yet." His sister replied.
"Alright." Edmund said, understanding but not at all wanting to leave.
"I'll go tell Peter and Susan." Edmund said as he walked to the door. "But you better-!"
"We will come get you as soon as we're done." Lucy assured him.
Edmund nodded and walked out the door.

Sydni went to get Abby some new clothes while Lucy and Anna removed her
nightgown.

"So you two don't know what happened?" Lucy asked the girls.
"We found Edmund searching for her this morning, he said there was a trail of blood going from his bed to her door, and then we found the trail of blood leading to the Wardrobe." Anna exclaimed.
"Her and Edmunds doorhandles also both have blood on them, as well as the Wardrobe." Sydni continued.

"You know anything?" Anna asked Lucy.
"No." She said sadly.
"Just that, last night Edmund told her about his dreadful nightmare and she made him feel a lot better." Lucy said with a small smile.

The girls sighed, as they finished changing her clothes...and had gotten nowhere on what happened.

Susan burst in the room.
"I just heard! What happened?!"
"We don't know." Lucy replied.
"Let me see her injuries." Said Susan.
Lucy picked up Abbys hand and Susan examined it.
"This had to have been done with a dagger, I mean just look how deep it is." Susan explained.
"Your right." Sydni said, as they all examined her hand.
"Do you think.... she would have done this to...herself?" Susan asked warily.
"Oh no way." Anna said.
"She would never do that." Sydni agreed.
"Plus she didn't have access to any weapons did she?" Said Lucy.
"I suppose not." Susan stated blankly.

"Was she maybe....attacked?" Anna forced out with effort.
The girls all looked at each other sadly.
"But with all the guards....it's impossible to get through the castle without being seen." Susan stated.
"But it makes sense!" Said Sydni.
"I mean think about it."
"Her hand was cut with a knife, she was covered in blood. There was a trail of blood from Edmunds room to hers."
"But why was she in the Wardrobe?" Lucy questioned.
"Maybe she passed out and they wanted to hide her." Susan said.
"Why didn't it wake anyone up?" Lucy questioned. "I mean there is now way someone could do this quietly!"
"Maybe they threatened her if she was too loud?" Susan guessed.

There were a few moments silence.
"Are we sure this is what happened?" Anna questioned.
"Not one hundred percent sure," Susan said. "But it's possible, and it's a start."

"Did you give her the cordial yet Lu?" Anna asked.
"Oh right! Sorry!" Lucy said as she quickly poured a drop into her mouth.
Abby stopped breathing for a couple minutes and seemed to get paler.
But just as Sydni and Anna let a single tear escape, she let out a weak cough and slowly began to open her eyes.