Lightning

Edmund continued sobbing, unable to stop by now. He held onto Abbys hand tightly, intertwining his fingers with hers. And rubbing her soft, yet cold and pale skin.
Anna gripped Abbys hand as tightly as she could. "Please." She begged.
"Please. Please come back. I don't want to lose my best friend....please!!!"
She stopped, unable to continue because of the tears.
Sydni held onto Abbys shoulder, sobbing.
"It can't be real..." She said.
"It just can't! We talked to her, we-we helped her get ready for her date!! That was what, like three hours ago? And now she's just...gone..." Sydni trailed off.

They all sat there crying....absolutely soaked from the rain that was falling from the sky, more like pouring.
Edmund laying on Abbys shoulder, their hands intertwined.
Anna gripped her other hand, tightly.
And Sydni holding onto her other shoulder, and stroking her hair every once in a while.

All of A sudden a huge lightning strike struck Abby directly in the chest.
Her body bounced about a foot off the ground, as Anna, Sydni and Edmund all flew back in different directions.

Anna fell backwards, landing directly on her back.
Sydni rolled diagonal from Anna.
Edmund bounced too, but not as much as Abby. Then he flew a foot away, and hit the ground hard.
All the while, never releasing his grip on Abbys hand.

Lucy and Peter went to check on Edmund while Susan checked on Sydni and Anna.

"You two alright?" Susan asked. Helping Sydni and Anna sit up.
They both coughed a few times, trying to catch their breath.
"What was that?" Sydni asked.
"You guys got struck by lightning." Susan answered.

"Susan!!" Lucy shouted, in a worried voice.
Susans eyes went wide.
"Ed!" She said as she helped the girls to their feet and ran towards her brother.

Now Edmund was a different story.
Because he had his head laying on Abby, who got the initial strike, he had been struck a great deal more than Sydni and Anna.
He was laying on the ground, eyes closed, breathing slow. But his heart sounded as if it was about to beat out of its chest.
Susan sat by Edmunds head stroking his hair. Peter and Lucy sat on one side of him, Sydni and Anna opposite them.
Lucy held Edmunds hand, and Peter was gripping his shoulder tightly.

"Oh not you too Ed." Anna said, tears filling her eyes. Although they really had never left...
"Edmund!" Peter Shouted.
"Edmund! Ed wake up!"
Edmund didn't move.
"Ed please!" Lucy said, as she started to cry again.
"This can't be happening..."Susan whispered, as she too began to cry.

But then...Edmund let out a weak cough.
Then another. Before slowly opening his eyes.
Edmund looked up at Susan, then to Peter and Lucy. They all had wide smiles spread across their faces.
Peter sighed in relief and helped Edmund sit up. Then he put his arms around his shoulders.
Before Edmund knew it, Lucy had jumped in his lap and had her arms wrapped around his neck.
Edmund hugged her tightly and kissed the top of her head.

"What happened?" He asked.
"You were struck by lightning." Susan said.
"I was?" Edmund asked.
"Well." Peter started.
"It wasn't actually you in particular. Abby got struck by lightning, but you were all touching her, so you were shocked too."

Edmund looked over to Abby, hoping that the lightning had helped her. But unfortunately she lay there, not moving.
Edmund looked down at her hand, still latched onto his. It was still, cold and pale. Like a dead fish in his hand.

"I can't believe this." Edmund said.
"I can't believe she is just....gone.
I closed my eyes and leaned in to kiss her and then...." He stopped crying too hard to continue.
Lucy, still in his lap, wrapped her arms tightly around his waist. Peter and Susan joined in as well, holding Edmund tightly.
Sydni and Anna were hugging each other tightly, both crying. Lucy told them to join in, and they did. They all held each other tightly, while everyone cried.

"We will get through this guys." Susan said.
"Together." Lucy said through her tears
"It will be okay Ed." Peter said.
"I promise."
Edmund let out a big sob, as he listened to his siblings reassuring words.

They sat there in silence for a couple of minutes. Edmund looked down at his hand, ready to let go of Abbys hand.
But as he did, he felt a light squeeze in his hand.
Edmunds eyes went wide.
"Abby?" He said as he made his way over to her, not releasing his grip on her hand.
Everyone followed him over to her.

"Abby." Edmund said as he sat next to her and looked hopefully into her eyes. Holding her hand tightly, as he kissed it.
Edmund held his breath as he watched Abby slowly open her eyes.

A/N: She is alive again guys!!!! Hope I've put your hearts back together somewhat. For now at least 😉