I Need You

Abby was speechless for a moment, but knew she had to pull herself together, for Edmunds sake. She took a deep breath and forced the tears back.

"Oh Ed." She said in a sad, choked voice as she wrapped her arms around him.
Edmund hugged her back so tightly she thought he'd never let go, and cried. He let the tears fall.
Abby tried to hold hers back but she couldn't. Seeing someone she cared about so much in so much pain was heartbreaking, but she cried silently, for his sake. She didn't want him to hear her crying and ignore his own pain to take care of her.
After a good five minutes Edmund finally pulled away.

Abby looked into his eyes and cupped his face in her hands.
"Edmund listen to me. It was just a dream. Jadis is dead. She is not going to..."  She took a deep breath. "She's not going to kill you. Your alive and it's going to stay that way, because I need you, and your siblings need you, the Narnians need you, I mean the whole world needs you Ed. Because if you weren't in it, the world would be a pretty scary place. A world without Edmund Pevensie is no world I want to live in."
Edmund smiled and kissed Abby on the cheek. "Thank you Abby. You always know exactly what to say, and you say it with the most beautiful words."
"Okay stop now your gonna make me cry!" Abby said with a laugh and Edmund chuckled.

"He's fine." Lucy said from outside the door with a smile.
"Your right" Peter said, smiling slightly.
"You okay Lu?" Peter knew hearing about Edmunds nightmare must have been hard on Lucy because it was hard on him, he was fighting back tears and knew Lucy was probably about to start crying.
"Mhmm." Lucy said in a choked voice.
"Lucy-" Peter started, but stopped when Lucy wrapped her arms around him and buried her face in his chest and started crying.
"Shhhh." Peter said hugging her back and trying to calm her down.
"Look at me Lucy."
Lucy looked up at him, eyes red from crying, and her cheeks stained with tears. Edmund is fine. Edmund is alive. I promise."
Lucy nodded.
"Would you like me to come to your room and stay tonight?" Peter offered, knowing Lucy wouldn't want to be alone after hearing about Edmunds nightmare, and afraid she may have her own.
A smile appeared on Lucy's face and she quickly nodded.
"Thank you Peter."
"Your welcome." Peter replied kissing her head.
"Lets go."

"We should probably get some sleep Ed."
Abby finally said.
"Yeah." Edmund replied.
Abby got up to leave, but Edmund stooped her.
"Wait!" Abby turned around and looked at Edmund in confusion.
"Would you maybe, wanna stay um, here t-tonight.
Abbys look changed from confused to unsure. "I don't know Ed-"
"Look. It will be sleeping only! We will just be sharing a bed."
Abby still looked unsure.
"I really don't want to be alone after what- what happened."
Abby took a deep breath.
"Alright." She agreed.
"But Edmund Pevensie if anything happens i swear-"
"It won't!!! I promise."
"Okay." Abby said as she climbed into bed next to Edmund, who had moved over to give her more room, but was about to fall off the bed in the process.

"Edmund Pevensie what are you doing? Your going to roll into the floor!" Abby said laughing.
Edmund laughed as he moved closer to her.
"Just making sure you have enough room." He replied with a smile.
"I'll be fine....these beds are huge anyway! You could fit at least five people in one alone!"
Edmund laughed.

There were a few moments of silence before Abby broke it, shifting her gaze from the ceiling to Edmund.
"Are you sure your alright?" She asked
"I'm fine, thanks to you."
Abby smiled.
"That's good. I need you to be fine, because I need you. I need you in my life, and I need you to be okay, and I need you to be alive, and happy because that's the only way I can be happy.
I need you to feel the same way, but you probably don't, and I probably shouldn't be saying any of this. Gosh I'm so stupid." Abby finished pulling the covers up over her head.
Edmund pulled them off of her and looked her in the eye.
"I need you too."
"What?"
"I care about you. I feel happy when your happy and I feel sad when your sad. I am happier when I'm with you then when I am not. I feel exactly the same way, Abby."
"Really?" Abby asked, eyes full of hope.
"Really!" Edmund said with a smile.
Abby laughed, excitedly.

"There's something I've been wanting to do for a while now.....and I feel like now is the time to do it." Edmund said suddenly.
"Abby Harris, will you be my girlfriend?"
Abbys eyes went wide and her mouth fell open. But this look soon changed into a wide smile and Abby wrapped her arms around Edmunds neck.
"Yes, yes YES!!!!" Abby said excitedly as she kissed his lips. Edmund deepened the kiss and put his arms around her waist.
After a while they finally pulled apart, their foreheads resting against each other.

"I was so afraid you wouldn't say yes."
Edmund admitted with a laugh.
"I was so afraid you wouldn't ask!" Abby replied and they both laughed.
After a couple minutes they both laid to down and decided maybe they could finally get some sleep.
"Night Abby." Edmund said, kissing her forehead.
"Night Ed" She replied, kissing his cheek and grabbing his hand.

A/N: Things. Are. About. To. Happen!!!!!!!