You're a Survivor

Abby slowly looked around the room.
"Hey." Anna said with a small smile, when Abby looked at her. "Hi." Abby chocked out. "What-what happened?" Abby asked in chocked voice.
"We were just going to ask you that."
Susan said. Abby looked confused.

"What's the last thing you remember?" Sydni asked. Abby started to think, trying to remember what had happened, and then she did. She gasped and her eyes went wide, she had a look of pure fear on her face. "Abby what's wrong?!" Anna asked, concerned. Abby looked around the room, as if she was making sure nobody else was there, as tears started to fill her eyes.

Sydni put her hand on Abbys shoulder.
"It's alright, nobody is going to hurt you."
"That's not true." Abby replied.
"Did someone hurt you?!" Susan asked.
Abby bit her lip and looked down.
"You need to tell us." Lucy said gently.
"I can't."
"Why?" Susan asked.
Abby didn't answer.
"Abby." Said Susan in a calm, gentle voice. "What happened to your hand?"
Abby let out a sob.

Anna's heart broke, she could tell Abby was having a hard time, and that something very bad had happened to her.
She wrapped her arms around her and Abby gladly retuned the hug.
"I know this is hard." Anna started. "I know something unimaginably painful has happened to you, but it's going to be okay. Your going to get through this. We are all going to get through it together. Your not alone in this world, and don't you ever think that you are. You are never ever alone!!!" Abby smiled slightly.
"Thank You. You always know just what to say." Anna smiled at her.
"I love you."
"I love you more." Abby replied.

"Abby?" Sydni asked after a few moments silence. Abby turned to her but stayed in Anna's arms.
"Can you please tell us what happened so we can help you?"

Abby took a deep breath.
"I can't tell you."
"Why can't you tell us?"
Abby pressed her lips together.
"I'll get killed...and so will Edmund."
Anna tightened her grip on her friend and Sydni grabbed her hand and squeezed it.

"Did someone threaten you?" Susan asked.
Abby nodded.
"Did they hurt you?" Lucy asked.
"Abby squeezed her eyes shut tight and nodded.
"They cut your hand?" Asked Sydni,
Abby slowly nodded.
"Did this happen in the middle of the night?"
Susan asked, and Abby nodded.
"And whoever did this said if you told anyone they would k-kill you?... and Edmund?"
Abby nodded as a single tear slipped down her cheek.
"Do you know who it was?" Lucy asked.
Abby shook her head.

"Did it have a dark, cruel voice that sounded like what you imagine death would sound like?" Anna asked, voice shaking.
Abby nodded slowly, eyes fearful.
Anna swallowed thickly.
"The Darkness." She said.
Everyone looked at each other with scared expressions on their faces.

"I don't understand..." Lucy said.
"How did nobody hear it come in, or hear you cry out in pain when it cut your hand? How did Edmund not wake up?!"

"Abby." Susan said.
"I know your scared, and I am so sorry for what happened to you I truly am, but can please tell us more?" Abby looked at Susan unsure.
"We are going to protect you, and Edmund. I promise."
Abby took a deep breath and nodded.

"It wasn't just one person." She said.
"Someone was with ' The Darkness.' Whoever was with them, held a dagger to Edmunds neck and said if I screamed he would die."
"How did he not wake up if there was a knife pressed against his neck?" Lucy asked.
"They said they cast a spell, so he wouldn't wake up." Abby said sadly.

"The Darkness held its hand over my mouth, which made it incredibly hard to breathe, and said if I didn't let her cut my hand Edmund would die, if I screamed for help he would also die....so I let it cut my hand."

"How did you not cry out in pain?" Lucy asked.
"It took everything inside of me not to.
After that, they said they would kill me if I told, and make Edmund watch, then they would slowly and painfully kill him.
Then they disappeared, using...magic, I guess."

"Then what did you do?" Sydni asked.
Abby took a deep breath.
"I ran out of the room and into mine, I went and hid in the Wardrobe. I was crying uncontrollably and I couldn't catch my breath. My hand was bleeding badly, but I could hardly focus on that after what just happened. I sat in there and cried for a long time, and tried to get my breathing under control, but I couldn't.
I guess I must have passed out after that, because the next thing I knew, I was here."

There was silence for a few minutes, nobody really knew what to say.
Abby was still in Annas arms, and Anna didn't dare let go, she just hugged her tighter, and Abby buried her head into her chest. Sydni joined in the hug, Susan and Lucy did as well eventually.
Finally everyone pulled apart, after a good five minutes.

"You are so strong!" Anna said.
Abby looked down.
"Not really."
"Yes you are!" Sydni said.
"You, my beautiful best friend, are a survivor. You survived!! You made it. You put your own life at risk to save someone else's. Now that is courage.
If you made it through that, you can make it through anything.
"You can do this, Abby. I know you can."
"I can do this." Abby repeated.
"I can do this."