Light

The Pevensies decided to get together and see if they could figure out what this 'Voice in the Darkness' was.

"So," Peter began.
"We know that this is a cruel, deep, evil voice. It doesn't like singing, and I imagine it is somehow connected with darkness."

"Connected?" Edmund asked.
"Anna said everything got dark and there was no sunshine so it must be connected to darkness in some way." Peter said.
"Maybe it's not just connected." Edmund said.

"What do you mean?" Peter asked.
"Well, Anna said that everything got dark. What if it made everything dark."

"Now not everything was dark. We were on the beach, which isn't too far from the woods, and it was still light." Susan stated.

"Exactly!" Edmund said. "What if the only thing it makes dark is what it wants to."

"But why would it want to make it dark in
the woods where Anna was?" Lucy asked.

"Maybe it didn't want her there, maybe she was in its home, or territory or something like that." Edmund said.

"But we have all went horseback riding throughout the entire wood and nothing like this has happened to any of us." Susan stated.

They all thought on this for a moment.
"She was singing." Lucy said quietly but with a realization.

"What?" Edmund asked.

"She was singing!!!" The others looked at Lucy in confusion.

"When The voice spoke to her and when everything got dark Anna was singing. People sing when they are in a good mood, when they are happy."

"She also said it sounded like evil. Edmund said catching on."

"Exactly!" Lucy said.

"And if it sounded evil, it most likely is evil." Susan chimed in, seeing what her younger siblings were getting at.

"Evil seeks to corrupt and take away any sort of happiness or...light." Edmund said, eyes widening.

"What is it?" Peter asked a bit concerned.
"This 'voice' made it dark. So it's obviously powerful. It obviously has emotions since the singing made it angry and it turned everything dark.
So when something it doesn't like happens something that radiates-"
"Light!"

Lucy cut him off realizing where he was getting.

"Yes!" Edmund replied.
"When something radiates light-"
"It seeks to get rid of it." Susan interrupted.
"So it turns that light..." Edmund started.
..."Into darkness." Peter finished.
Edmund nodded.

"But we still don't know exactly what this 'voice' is or who it belongs to." Lucy said with worry.
"But we do know what it's after." Susan said.
"Happiness, Love, Beauty, anything involving light- and not just physical light but emotional as well." Said Edmund.

"Which means we know how to stop it."Peter replied.

"By never being happy?!" Lucy said, feeling extremely upset.
"No Lu-"
"Happiness attracts it." Lucy interrupted Peter.
"Which means if it sees any light or Happiness or anything else it doesn't like...it will destroy that light....with darkness."
"It lives in the woods so we should be fine everywhere else-" Peter started.

"No." Susan and Edmund interrupted at the same time.

Susan nodded at her brother, signaling for him to continue.

"It lives there. That doesn't mean it's always there. It probably just hides there...most likely because it's a forest which is dark and it hates light. Either way it could go anywhere."

"So are we ever safe?" Lucy asked, beginning to feel scared.

"Well I doubt it would come out during the day because of the light." Peter reassured her.

"It was morning when it spoke to Anna though. Lucy said.
"Yes, but she had gone into its territory." Replied Susan.

"What are we gonna do?" Edmund asked.
"I'll give orders that every Narnian is always armed and to stay on the lookout, and I will double the guards. Don't go into the woods for the time being, especially at night."
"Sounds good." Edmund Replied with a nod."

"Can we tell Sydni, Abby and Anna now?" Lucy asked.
"Yes. Why don't you go get them Lu." Susan told her.

When Lucy left Peter and Susan noticed Edmund looking rather scared.

"It's going to be alright Ed."
Peter reassured his brother, putting an arm around him.

"But it wasn't last time!!!" Edmund Replied, voice trembling with fear.
"The witch she tortured me!!! She turned me against my family! She nearly killed me!!!!"
Edmund practically screamed, tears in his eyes at this point.

"This isn't like last time Ed." Susan reassured him.
"But how do you know it wont be-"
"Edmund."
Peter interrupted
"It's going to be fine. We will protect you and keep you safe. You will be fine Edmund, I promise."

A/N: Hopefully this chapter gave you some insight on what's coming. Do you have any theories on what's going to happen next? Who do you think The Darkness will come after? Let me know in the comments !!!