◇22◇

🌌Chapter 22🌌

🌌Chapter 22🌌

NOBODY SPOKE BETWEEN the four who were trying to regroup themselves. When the intruders drove off, they had carried Seraphina's body inside and laid her on the couch. Now they sat at the living room table healing their injuries. Well, more like Elaine was healing Arlo while John copied Elaine's ability to heal himself.

There was an angry bitch face on John that made Arlo ask, "What's your problem now? Aren't you done being angry for one night?"

John said nothing for a moment before spitting venomously, "You had one fucking job." I don't like where things are going. Why the fuck are they so pissy to one another? Are they on their man periods or something?

Arlo whipped his head to glare at John irritated, "Excuse me?"

John continued, "I had him. All you had to do was keep your weak-ass barrier up and you couldn't even do that. So useless."

Y/N saw Arlo clench his fist. Then he abruptly stood up and banged it on the table, shouting, "You wanna talk about useless? Who was the one who left Seraphina alone in the first place?! And instead of trying to stab that guy to death, you should've paid attention! If you had focused,we could've captured them easily! Evaluate yourself before throwing all the blame on me fool!"

The dark haired male had stood up, knocking the chair to the floor. Y/N knew what was coming next, and there was no way in hell she would let it happen.

"John I swear to god if you punch him I will shove my fist so far up your asshole that you won't be able to shit for a week. I know we're all upset that they escaped, but they're gone now and Seraphina is safe. Let's not waste any more time and energy fighting each other and figure out what the hell is going on." She gave each of them a stern look, and they both backed down and returned to their positions.

"Humph," Arlo huffed. "That was the most sensible thing I've heard all night."

Silence overtook the atmosphere once again as everyone recalled the recent events in disbelief. "Three high tiers overpowered by a knife and a van? Ridiculous. The break in was undoubtedly planned. They knew exactly where to be and what to do. And it was no coincidence our abilities happened to fail us either."

Elaine joined in, "How were they able to weaken all of us at once?"

Y/N added, "Yeah, my healing was working a lot slower than normal." She thought back to how the stab wounds on her arm and thigh took minutes to regenerate when it would usually take a few seconds.

"What I don't understand is they had everything where they wanted but suddenly just drove off like that." Arlo inquired.

Y/N remembered what the two were mumbling to each other before they ran off. "They said something along the lines of 'it's going to wear off soon, and when that happens we're done for."