Chapter 23

🐱Adrien's POV🐱

I didn't get much sleep that night.. just wondering why everyone has been ignoring every version of me. I looked out my huge windows to see none other than the super heroine known as Crauloia. She must be doing patrol early today.

"Hey Plagg! We can't let Crauloia do patrol alone!" I told my little black kwami. He sighed and held out his triangular piece of cheese. "But Adrien! I'm just starting a new piece of my sweet Camembert!" I laugh and he puts his cheese down, knowing what's coming next. "Just say the words.. I know it by heart already." I wink at him and hold out my ring. "Plagg, claws out!"

I jump out of my window to see the grey super heroine already waiting for me on a nearby building. "Uh Chat... I'll patrol the other side of the city today if it's fine with you." She told me, looking at the ground throughout all of her words. I shrugged, and answered. "I don't really care, but if you don't mind also, can we talk when we're done with patrol?" She hesitates, and slightly nods and I burst out into a smile. She jumps away and I began looking around for anything that seems to be off.

~After Patrol~

🐾Y/N's POV🐾

As promised, I meet up with Chat after patrol to see whatever he wanted to talk about. I can't reveal anything about my identity at this point, but maybe I should say something about his. My head snaps back to look at Chat from my feet. "Listen Crauloia, why have you been acting so off? What is the thing that you supposedly can't tell me? Please! Just talk to me. Crauloia, I'm your partner and we have to learn to fully trust each other. I trust you, but I'm kind of questioning how much you trust me anymore..." I felt my eyes starting to burn.

A single tear slid down my face, remembering how bad of a partner I am to a guy that I thought I loved. "Chat I'll tell you... but just please, don't freak out about this." I saw him nod, and I took a deep breath and spoke quietly. I thought about the easiest way to tell him, in a way that might scare him and make him happy at the same time. Once I made up a plan, I spoke to him.

"Listen, I really like you, Adrien Agreste."

He shot up in surprise, and immediately asked questions. "Wait what? How did you find out? Do you know me in your real life? No, this can't be real... are you really telling the truth Crauloia?" From that response, it's only confirming my theory of his identity. I nod, and the tears come out a slight bit heavier. "Y-Yeah Chat... b-but you don't know who I am and that's the worst part of it. Because I'm in love with you!"

Chat Noir's face turned from a frown to a bright smile. "Your in love with me? Well, that's great! Although.. I'm kind of talking to another girl. But, she doesn't like me back anyways. You can just tell me who you are then!" He said to me, ecstatic. I couldn't tell him that the girl he was talking to was me.

"I'm so sorry Chat... I have to go." I told my beloved partner in a sad tone. He held his hand out as a backed away, gesturing for me to stay. I really did love him, and I didn't think he would dump my civilian form just for Crauloia.

It kind of hurt me in a way. It felt like a shard was cut through my heart from Chat himself.

But, considering that Y/N and Crauloia are the same person, it doesn't bother me as much as I would be if it was Ladybug or something. Anyways, once I got back to the bakery, I jumped onto my balcony and jumped inside. That was enough for today.

"Y/N, is something else bothering you?" A voice from behind me asked, and I immediately knew it was my little kwami, Bandit. "I don't know Bandit, I guess I just... Well do you think that I was too hard on him?" She shook her little head, indicating that I should trust in what I think. I sit down in my desk and lean back. "I just feel like... this might sound absolutely crazy, but I feel like he should know about who I am. Who I really am."

Bandit zoomed in the air, heading straight for the desk. "But Y/N! You know you can't tell anyone. However, as your kwami, you should really do whatever feels best to you. If you feel like that you know who Chat Noir is, he should know who you are, then you can go right ahead." I smile at her, thanking for her support. She snuggled up against my cheek and spoke again.

"Besides Y/N, you already know that he likes both sides of you."

I know that a good superhero listens to her head, but my heart speaks louder.

             🐱Chat Noir's POV🐱

Since Crauloia ditched me so early, I went over to the other girl that had been ignoring me for some days now. Y/N L/N herself. I jumped to her balcony, Marinette's old apartment, and I knocked on her trapdoor thing. "Y/N? Are you in there?" I heard a response from inside, farther away. It spoke, "Yep that's me. The one and only." I smiled and continued on.

"Oh my princess, will you let a kitty inside?" I heard silence from her bedroom, then she finally ended up walking towards me opening the door. "Chat Noir.. I don't know if this is a good time. You see, I'm going through some stuff right now."

"Well Y/N, I understand if you might not want to talk to me right now, but I'm just letting you know that you can talk to me whenever you want." She smiled at me, a clear fake sort of smile and she shook her head. "It's just not the right time. You have to understand that. You do, right?"

I had no choice but to nod my head and jump back to my own house and lay awake for the night.