Chapter 41

🐾Your POV🐾

I quickly whipped out the handle from my katana once again and dialed in Queen Bee's communication. I didn't want to stress out Rena and Carapace any longer because I felt as if I had been putting too much weight onto them. I rapidly talked and gave my location to her as I heard her footsteps increasingly get closer. Soon enough, I heard her footsteps and ended my call with her.

I looked around to see Chat again, but he wasn't there. I whipped my head at the different directions he could have possibly gone, but I still couldn't see him or what he was doing. Getting worried, I heard the slam of a nearby door. I heard a female gasp, and I took my katana out again. I turned around, seeing no one else but Queen Bee. "Oh, thank god. You scared me there." I said to her, waiting for Chat to also step into the room. "I have that effect on people sometimes." She replied.

       "Did you see Chat Noir on the way here, by the way?" I said to her, looking around at the door she came through. "Uh, no. But I do think that Foxy and Largo are coming as well." She said. I could tell she was talking about Rena Rouge and Carapace, but I decided to maybe not start a fight at the moment with her. Not here, not now. "Well then, we should really find him soon. I have a feeling that this room is Hawkmoth's lair. If he feels any bad emotions any time soon, he could come down here and see us. So we better work fast and get all of us together. Then we can hide out in here." I told her making a mental note of how far Chat could be by now.

       "Did you say hide out in here after we are together? Why would we do that?" She asked me, hands on her hips. "To wait for Hawkmoth of course!" I said with a smirk on my face. "Anyways, we can make more plans later. Those two here yet?" I asked, seeing a figure run down the hall at rapid speed. Soon enough, I saw a second one and realized that those two people were Rena Rouge and Carapace. I gave them the signal to just follow our lead and started running into a door, specifically the door with the purple butterfly on it. I don't know why Chat would think that this is a good idea, trying to go after Hawkmoth himself. I sighed to my self, seeing nothing but pitch black ahead of me.

I tried my best to illuminate the hallway in front of me, but it was very difficult to maneuver around, trying not to hit walls and such. The other hero's did whatever I did, so whenever I got hurt from a table or something, it would be like an echo of the rest doing the same thing as I do. Continuing on the path, we adjusted to not being able to see anything for the moment. I'm pretty sure we all know that sometimes you are going to need to make sacrifices for the greater good. It may be a little dark, so whatever, we might have a chance of saving Paris altogether! We would go down in history for this, but that is not what I am worried about. What I am worried about, is what would happen if we failed this? What would the citizens do?

If we fail our mission, our last mission, as a matter of fact, Paris will be a hell. Hawkmoth can do what he needs to do, and we would be failures. If the Parisians find out a group of teenage kids are behind the defenders of Paris, imagine that laugh as we do the walk of shame after we fail. Hawkmoth wouldn't need to akumatize anyone anymore, and he would get his wish, so someone out there is going to be all wonk when he finally gets what he wants.

I don't care if it is something good for him, it really doesn't matter, because something is going to be different and we won't even have any power over that. And that alone, with the thought of failure, is pure torture in my mind, and probably the same for the rest of my group also.

As we continued to blindly search through the darkness, we see a small light, coming from under the doorway. Wait, a doorway? That means that there is finally an escape to this place. Maybe even leading to an important room that will help us find Hawkmoth. Excited, I opened the door and was blinded with the sudden source of light. I looked around, waiting for my eyes to adjust to my surroundings to make sure that this room consists of no danger and this place is not a threat in any way.

When we could all see again, I looked at the rest of the heroes, the same look given as I had. Determination. Determination to get this over with, over with and done. Once and for all, Paris could be at peace without having to worry each day that they are in constant danger of getting hurt and other things. Even with the worry that the same day they could be the one getting akumatized into a monster out for Paris.

Continuing to look at the room, I went into a realization, this is Adrien's room, isn't it? I say the huge windows and the impressive collection of music discs and come to the conclusion that this is most definitely Adrien's room. And his dad is such a creep that he felt the need to put a door in Adrien's room connecting to his room to akumatize people. Again, what a creep.

I sighed, and looked around one final time to make sure there was no danger in here. Smiling, I was about to alert the team that there is no one in here and we would be able to go back down, after we find a flashlight or something in here. Just seconds before I was planning on turning around I hear Rena Rouge speak out nothing but a "Eek!" I was frightened at first, but then I realized why: a pair of arms wrapped around my stomach and jumped on me, plummeting me to the ground.

"What the.." I whisper quietly to myself, turning around to see the same black cat sitting on top of me, his emerald green eyes meeting my e/c eyes. I sigh, push him off of me and look him in the eyes, and then putting my hands on his chest and giving him a slight push backwards. "I hope you're happy." I said, giving my glare.