Chapter 28

🐾Y/N's POV🐾

"No Dad... is that really you?" As my father figure nodded and started walking towards me. I backed up and didn't let him touch me. "Come on Y/N, I haven't seen you in let me think.." He put his hands down and looked up, trying to recall a memory. "It's been over six years Y/N! And I can't even get a hug out of you? What's wrong? I thought that you would be happy to see your father again." He told me, putting his hands up again going in for a hug.

"Of course I'm not going to hug you! I can't even call you my dad anymore... I've made it so far without you. You abandoned our family when we needed you most. You left us and let your child, Emma, take care of us because you wouldn't! And you still call yourself a dad?" I spat out at him and he open his mouth to protest, but I went on. "And also, I made it all the way here to Paris! Not to mention I finally got over the fact that I wouldn't have parents anymore. And you come here, without explanation of why you've been gone.. are you just plotting another way of leaving us again? Is that it?" I continued on. He tried to talk, but all he did was look down.

"Look Y/N... I'm sorry I didn't mean to-" my dad said as I cut him off. I didn't think I had it in me to do it, but then I slapped him across the face. I'm sure he deserved it, right? "Sorry doesn't cut it." I said before going upstairs to my room to probably cry and listen to some sad music while doing my homework. I heard a knock from my rooftop balcony thing and I went to check it, assuming it was Chat Noir.

I opened the trapdoor and saw my lovely black cat. "Hey kitty." I said to him in my normal sad sort of tone. "Hey Kitaroo. Is there something wrong? Or do you just have your resting bitch face on for some reason?" Chat as me and I laughed a bit. "Not this time Chat, I have a reason for anger this time around. Remember when I told you that my dad killed himself? Jumping off a bridge?" Chat Noir nodded and sat down on my bed, and did a hand gesture implying for me to go on."

"Well guess who showed up today, none other than my father, after being away for more than six whole years! No calls, texts, nothing." Chat showed a surprised expression and I saw him tighten his fists. I got up from my desk and sat next to him, and put my hand on his, calming him down more. "what's wrong with your dad, Y/N? You know, I used to honk mine didn't really care about me, always being so cold with me and such, but I didn't know that yours could go onto such a low level." Chat said, while putting his arm around my shoulder. I sighed, but stayed on the topic anyways.

"Yeah, he better have a great excuse, since he isn't getting out of this one. Although... I may have been a bit harsh on him. Chat.. I slapped him. I slapped someone across the face. It left a red mark!" I exclaimed putting my arms up. I sighed once again and laid my head on his shoulder. "That's okay Y/N. Everyone has their... moments. It was a instinct and you can't stop that. Its fine that you did that during your moment. It all happens to us one time or another." I nodded without looking at him, then suddenly burst up again.

"Wait Chat! My dad is going to want to meet you, so we should probably get on that right? Even though I don't want to face him and his betraying face again, I'm sure he'll want to get to know my 'friends' that I've made here in Paris." He nodded at me, looking with shifty eyes, then reminding me about a meetup we'll have later on. "By the way Y/N, not to change the subject or anything, but we have another photo shoot in a hour or so by the Louve, so you should also be ready for that soon."

I nodded to him, and got up out of my bed with him, leading him back to the trapdoor so he can go back to his own house. "You know Y/N, you remind me a lot of someone I used to know." I tilted my head to a side and widened my eyes to show my curiosity. "Oh really Chat? Who do you think of?" His eyes lit up and soon got dull once again, "Well, her name was Ladybug. I thought I loved her, but I guess... we just weren't meant for each other in this story. But anyways, she reminds me of you because she was beautiful, creative, smart, helpful, and most importantly, someone you can trust and rely on. What I'm trying to say is... well, Y/N, I love you."

I soft smile appeared on my lips as I went over to peck him on the cheek. I did so, and spoke the same. "You know Chat, I've always wanted you to say that. I love you too." Chat smiled back and jumped onto my rooftop. I watched from my ladder as he jumped from building to building. The smile stayed on my lips even when my little kwami flew out from behind my desk. "You really love him, don't you Y/N?" I nodded, and decided to tease Bandit a little.

"Well, yes I do. Hey Bandit, why don't you find yourself someone as well? You know, being a kwami for thousands of years must be boring all alone." The kwami sighed and sat down in my hands. "Well Y/N, it might sound silly, but I actually tried once. But it didn't turn out as expected. But, I don't feel like talking about it." I nodded, and smiled at her.

I did the rest of my homework for about an hour, until I had to start getting ready for the photo shoot I had once again.