19 Snapping

AUTHOR       

"I know, I know... My outfit is stunning, my appearance is snapping. You don't have to stare, Jisung-ah." Seokjin wheezed, practically flapping his hands, annoyingly, like a dying chicken.

"I didn't even say anything..." She murmured dumbfounded, but Seokjin immediately cut her off, staring in awe at his own reflection in the mirror.

"Ssssh, you don't have to speak a word. I can see it through your eyes. Wink wonk." He muttered, plastering a cocky grin on his face. Jisung wanna punch him right away but since they're in public so...

Jisung scoffed, "You know what Seokjin? My eyes said goodbye." She stood up from the maroon sofa, walking away which Seokjin hurriedly stopped by grabbing her wrist.

"Aish! You have to help me pick up the best suit for the prom, Jisung-ah. Please, teacher." He batted his eyelashes at a rapid speed, thinking they would affect which turned out to be... nope.

"For the love of God, just pick any, Seokjin! You'll look great in literally, anything!" But the male pouted his lips, shaking his head lightly. He pulled her back toward the changing room, watching Seokjin admiring his own perfect feature.

"I know. But I just want to have the best suit, that will Seoyeon will snap her head toward me and make sure she never looks back." Seokjin insisted, looking back at the human-sized mirror while parting his blond hair, showing off his flawless forehead. Jisung really wants to facepalm herself right now.

"Anyway, don't you want to buy any suit for the party later?" Seokjin asked which Jisung answered by lazily shrugging her shoulder.

Why is it everyone so worked up with the stupid party anyway? Jisung really just want to dig up a hole and bury herself in it. Why doesn't the world just end already?

She wasn't really a party type. Even if she went into one, she could already imagine herself just standing awkwardly at the corner of the room, hoping no one will acknowledge her existence. Being invisible was her expertise. So what's the point?

"I'm busy, Seok. I may not join the party." She lied, clearly because she didn't want to spend any money on an expensive suit she would never use-- she has a dress Rose had bought for her anyway.

Besides, the store they currently stood in was obviously a high-end one. She didn't need to read the price tag to know how skyrocketing the price for each suit was. Seokjin was indeed a rich spoiled brat.

"Aww, come onnnn~" The taller whined. "I'll treat you a suit." Jisung sighed.

"You must have lived a very convenient life, huh? Got to spend this amount of money easily, own a cafe at such age, your parents must be hella rich." Jisung spatted.

Seokjin stared at her through the mirror before smiling bitterly.

"I am not, in fact, I opened up the cafe and food stall with my own money." Jisung glanced at Seokjin who kept his eyes on the huge mirror.

"I even still have some loan to be paid, actually. My parents weren't financially stable just for your information." She pursed her lips into a thin line before snorting and let out an awkward chuckle.

"And you want me to believe in that?"

But Seokjin wasn't lying. In fact, the opposite of his looks and how everyone else had perceived him, he never born with such a silver spoon. His father just a normal contractor while his mother was just an ordinary housewife. They actually lived a humble life along with a stray dog they adopted for years, Janggu.