36 When someone slap your right cheek

Give them your left.

AUTHOR

Jisung was obviously avoiding him the very next day and Seokjin wouldn't lie saying if that's not hurting his heart a little bit. Actually, it hurts like a bitch.

She sat at the very front row at the class, which was very unusual. Seokjin came late to the morning lecture so when he entered the class from the backdoor. He was taken aback when he didn't saw Jisung sat at her usual place. Instead, she sat at the very front.

And to make things worse... there was a long-haired girl sat next to her as well and... they're smiling at each other. She was a new student, Min Yuqi.

Oh, how that view made Seokjin's heart clenched because they look so good together. Their height difference was a perfect match, they look like a couple from afar. For the very first time in his entire life, Seokjin was jealous of a girl.

A girl for goodness sake.

Seokjin has never felt envious of anyone else before because he's a perfect human being himself. Well, except for that crab lover, Kim Namjoon, he once felt envious of him because how could a new guy get so close to a girl he's been crushing over for years?

And now there's another new girl trying to snatch his crush as well. All of these felt like a dejavu to him and Seokjin somehow could imagine another sad ending of his.

Something about Yuqi reminded Seokjin of Namjoon. Was it their hair? Or was it because they came from the same town? Seokjin couldn't pinpoint.

Why can't the youniverse let Seokjin gain his happiness? Why does his life fill with so many melancholy?

Sometimes, Seokjin thought he might be the main character of a story, which the writer often tortured with so many unlucky things. His life was written to have a lot of obstacles, a hundred chapters of pain and disasters, perhaps not so happy ending.

Okay, he was being dramatic but seriously...

Seokjin felt like he was Romeo in Shakespeare's story. Except that his Juliet didn't die and went for another girl instead. Except that his Juliet is a boy. Isn't that even more tragic?

Seokjin sighed and looked away instantly. He stared out of the window, looking at the clear sky. Hurt flashed in both of his eyes. He didn't even bother to listen to his professor, all he could think was how he should apologize to Jisung.

His roommate has given him a way. So currently he was reciting the scenarios he had practiced last night in his apartment. Just like what Jimin had said to him, it would be alright, wouldn't it?

Yet somehow his eyes keep stealing glances at the short-haired girl at the very front row. Jisung was muffling a laugh while Yuqi whispering things into her ears.

Why was it so easy for this new girl to make Jisung happy? Meanwhile, all Seokjin could do was pissing Jisung off and getting slapped on the cheek.

He looked away biting his lower lip, tapping his feet anxiously. It's been only ten minutes since the lecture began but it felt like an eternity. He wanted the class to be over as soon as possible so he could make everything right with Jisung and earn his forgiveness.

He reminded himself of what Jimin had told him last night.

Nothing will ever go wrong. Everything will be all right.

 Everything will be all right