44: that was love

44: that was love #DWTDWP

44: that was love
#DWTDWP

RYU

It's new to see Titless all scared like this. She clung on me like I'm her lifeline. She's shaking... At the thought of speaking to my mom. Hindi siya natatakot nang ganito noong muntik na siyang gahasain ng mga lalaking iyon noong sinubukan naming hulihin sa akto ang kanyang uncle.

But now... She's pale. And cold. Which is unusual. I always see her as someone who fears nothing, not even death.

Now she's showing me a different side of her.

Inaamin kong natatakot din ako. I will soon to be a father, that will be some news to my mom.

But moms...

Moms are the best persons in the world. They will try to understand you in whatever mess you are in. They will be always there when everyone else deserted you.

"Baby!" bati ni Mommy nang mapagbuksan niya kami ng pinto. She gave me a quick peck on the cheek at napansin si Titless sa likuran ko. Nakakapit siya sa laylayan ng damit ko. "Oh, kasama mo si Pi, hello dear."

Gaya ng madalas niyang ginagawa ay hinalikan rin niya ito sa pisngi at hinawakan ang kamay papasok.

"Good timing! Cooler's here!" sabi ni Mommy.

Napaawang ang labi ni Titless nang mapatingin siya sa akin at nagkibitbalikat lamang ako.

Right. Cooler... Is the love of her life, according to her.

I'm sure this also makes it harder for her to keep the baby.

Pero nagulat na lang ako nang mapahinto siya. Mom also noticed it and looked at her. She took a step backward and cling back to me.

"Uh..." Now she's at loss of words.

"Mom, I told you she wants to talk with you right?" sabi ko.

Mom nodded, and Titless glared at me. Kung nakamamatay lamang ang tingin malamang bumulagta na ako. She's giving me that look that I'm screwed.

"Yes, nabasa ko ang text mo. What's this about?" tanong ni Mommy.

"... Advice!" mabilis niyang sagot. "Asking for... My friend." She had that nervous awkward smile.

Tumango naman si Mommy. "Okay."

"... With you, alone po..."

It's my time to glare at her. On the car we decided we will inform my mom about this. Hey, it's my mom and she deserves to know.

But titless is still hesistant. Gayunpaman, tumango pa rin si Mommy. "Okay. Mag-usap tayo sa terrace? I'll prepare snacks."

Titless smiled. "Okay lang po sa kusina tayo... And..." Huminga siya nang malalim at itinaas ang isang kamay. "Tita, question."