75: Another Stranger

75:  Another Stranger

RYU

My heart pounded erratically when I saw a figure passed on the dark area near the cliff where I stand with the bottle of beer in my right hand. My heart’s beating just confirmed my hunch who was that someone who just walked passed me.

I knew her.

Or maybe that’s what I thought.

I didn’t know her that much because if I do, I would have known she’d left me after a storm in our life.

But I know her.

I know the way she walk, her scent, I know how I feel when she’s nearby. It was an understatement to say I could feel the butterflies in my stomach. I could feel the jungle... the jungle were there were a lot of animals inside including a beast.

An angry beast.

My recognition of her woke up the love, pain, yearning and above all anger.

Sinundan ko siya habang natatarantang napadapa siya nang makita ang taong papalapit sa may puno. A drink someone from the crowd who took a leak and hummed as he walked away.

I could feel the beating of my own heart. I watched her sigh in relief as she set herself to stand up.

Kahit may kadiliman ang paligid, I know such rump. I know such traffic-stopping rump and I have always been a fan of it.

Come to think of it, it’s her rump which got me into this pit. I smirked upon the thought of that day. The reminiscence only brought pain to me. Kapag naaalala ko ang mga bagay na nangyari noon ay nakakaramdam ako ng lungkot.

She did leave me and enjoy her life as what? A fucking car racer?

While I spent the last two years just looking for her and grieving for all my lost, she decided to have fun with cars?

Or maybe with guys too? Damn the thought that angered me even more.

Gusto ko siyang lapitan at kausapin. Gusto kong isumbat sa kanya ang kanyang ginawang pag-iwan sa akin. Gusto kong marinig ang kanyang paliwanag and I’ll be willingly go blind for her excuses and accept her no matter what. 

But the pain she caused when she left prevented me for doing so. It was a relief that I found her but knowing she had all the time in the world to enjoy her life was infuriating. It took me a lot of courage to say something to her from behind.

“Well, you have a nice ass there.”

I could feel her literally froze as she slowly turned towards me. Kahit may kadiliman sa lugar na iyon, I knew she recognized me. Mabilis siyang tumayo at napahakbang paatras but I was quick to take a hold of her waist and pull her towards me.