chapter iv ➵ the watcher

一✮一

"You guys are so cool!"

Azami watched in awe as the students continued taking the tests that had been set before them. So far, around half of the class had done the 50 meter dash, and she was currently watching a girl with pink hair that had spoken earlier, whom introduced herself as Mina Ashido, go against another blonde male who said his name was Yuga Aoyama.

The moment Mina passed the finish line, Azami ran up to her with a huge grin.

"That was super cool!" Azami exclaimed as she gave Mina a big hug.

Let's just say that the two of them easily became friends after just a few minutes of talking.

"That was nothing, really. I could've done better." Mina chuckled as Azami pulled away from her to write down her friend's score.

"You did great too, Aoyama!" Azami cheered as the blonde passed them.

"Merci beaucoup, mademoiselle," Aoyama said before walking over to the group.

"Next up: Katsuki Bakugo and Izuku Midoriya," Shota said as Azami and Mina returned to the group as well.

"I have a feeling those two have some sort of rivalry with each other," Azami mumbled as she wrote down the next two competitors' names.

"Really? Why do you feel like that?" Mina asked her curiously.

"Bakugo seems to look at Midoriya with an underlying hatred. For what reason, though, I have no idea." Azami shrugged her shoulders.

"Alright, start."

The moment those words left Shota's mouth, Katsuki set off a large explosions with both of his hands and sent himself practically flying across the dash field.

"4.13 seconds," the bot said.

Azami smiled and quickly wrote it down along with Midoriya's, who managed to get 7.02 seconds.

Azami could already see the dissatisfaction in her father's face.

一✮一

The rest of the tests had been quite uneventful.

The most interesting things that happened throughout all of them was that Azami had managed to learn the names of all of her classmates.

As her classmates began taking the throwing test, Azami began leaning against her father as she watched them, pen still in hand.

Luckily, no one seemed to notice just how close these two individuals were.

Azami didn't feel like telling them that their teacher was also her father, fearing that they would think that he was the reason why she got a position as an assistant, not because she actually worked hard to earn her position.