chapter vi ➵ heroes vs. villains

 villains

一✮一

"I have come through the door like a normal person!"

Azami let out a low chuckle as she followed the no. 1 hero inside the classroom, her arms crossed and hair neatly tied into a ponytail.

She had discarded her dangling earrings as well, just to make sure it wouldn't interfere with her movements in case she needed to partake in any exercises of her own. She was also wearing the school's gym uniform. Although, she was 99% sure that she wouldn't really be doing anything other than watching and observing.

"It's All Might! So he's really going to teach us?!"
"That's his silver age costume!"
"This is so cool!"

Azami watched as she students gushed about the hero and leaned against the wall while Toshinori did a pose at the front.

Most of the students paid her no attention, which she was fine with.

After all, it's not everyday that you get to be in the presence of your idol.

"Hero Basic Training! The class that will put you through all sorts of special training to mold you into heroes! It's the class that I will be teaching you all with the help of Young Azami!"

Azami hummed and smiled when her classmates' gazes momentarily shifted towards her.

"What? Did you think I was kidding about doubling as a teacher's assistant?" She chuckled when she realized a few of them still looked a bit surprised.

She had explained to everyone in extensive details about her position in the school and why she was given said position yesterday, moments before the first test had started.

Perhaps a few of them forgot to clean out their ears and didn't hear me, Azami thought, Or perhaps they just didn't believe me.

"No time to dilly dally! Today's activity is this!" Toshinori held up a small card with the word "Battle" written on the front.

"And for that, you will need these!"

Toshinori pointed towards the wall in a dramatic fashion. With the simple click of a remote in the hero's hand, the once flat wall began moving, parts of it protruding out to reveal the shelves that housed the cases that contained their hero costumes.

Azami grinned as she watched her classmates scramble towards the front, cheering as they grabbed their cases and headed out the door towards the locker rooms.

"After you change, come out in alphabetical order at Ground Beta!" Azami announced to them. Her classmates all nodded to her as a sign that they heard her before proceeding their excited pace down the hall.

"What about you, Young Azami? Aren't you going to change into your costume?" Toshinori asked as the two of them exited the room and made their way to Ground Beta.