chapter xxiii ➵ the kiss of belief

一✮一

The rest of the battles came and went like leaves blowing in the wind. Most of them ended seemingly before they even started, like Shoto Todoroki's and Hanta Sero's match, for example.

Azami sat at the edge of her seat as she waited for the final match of the first round to begin一 the last one she had to watch as a student before she would have to watch as a pro. She was a bit antsy, although she wouldn't admit it to herself. Her leg was constantly bouncing up and down in anticipation as the minutes before the match started dragged on like nails on a blackboard一 painfully slow and irritating.

She had already gone and wished Ochaco luck before she headed down to the break room to get herself ready for the match. She also wanted to wish Katsuki luck, but he was no where to be found.

"Are you alright, Azami?" Hanta, who had just gotten out of the infirmary, asked her worriedly.

She was sitting with the rest of the Bakusquad now. Well, the bakusquad minus the squad leader who may or may not have consented to being the leader of a rowdy group in the first place一

"Yeah, I'm fine! Just a bit nervous is all..." Azami gave them a reassuring smile, which they luckily bought.

In truth, she wasn't just nervous because of the final match.

She was also a bit over the edge because of a certain encounter she had just a few hours ago.

一✮一

Azami walked down the empty hallway, the heels of her boots clicking against the tiles with a satisfying noise. She was waiting for the second match to start, and had just gotten away from her encounter with the lavender haired boy, Hitoshi Shinso.

I'm sure eraser dad will take an interest in him... Or maybe speaker dad will take him under his wing as well. Both Shinso's and speaker dad's quirks are voice based, after all. Then again, Shinso and eraser dad might get along quite nicely. The two of them give off the same "I don't give a fuck, please let me sleep" kind of feel too...

Her thoughts came to a abrupt stop when she heard a familiar and unpleasant voice from across the hall. It was a voice that she never wanted to her again, mostly because of how arrogant and power hungry it sounded.

"Remember, your duty is to surpass All Might! Do you understand?! You are different from your brothers! You are my greatest masterpiece!" The voice of the no. 2 hero, Endeavor, or Enji Todoroki, boomed. Azami found herself glaring intensely at the muscular figure in the distance as she balled her hands into fists.

She has had many encounters with the flame hero when she was younger, especially during her Elementary years.

Each encounter was just as, if not more, unpleasant as the last.