chapter xi ➵ i hate you

一✮一

"You should really be more careful."

Shota was with Azami at the infirmary, his arms wrapped around her shoulder as Recovery Girl bandaged up Azami's foot in a tight cast.

He had been called in by Recovery Girl after Katsuki dropped off Azami at the front of the infirmary.

Well, more like left her in front of the doors.

Not only did the girl get a pretty bad sprain, but she also got a small fracture, so now she was forbidden from walking too far and too much.

"What even happened?" Chiyo asked kindly as she finished up with the bandages.

"Well, I think I got the sprain from earlier today trying to make my way through the reporters... and maybe I broke my foot during lunch when everyone was in a panic..." Azami tapped her chin as she recalled the earlier events of the day that may have led to her ending up in the infirmary.

"Well, you're lucky they didn't break your whole leg!" Chiyo reached into her drawer and gave Azami a few pills, "Here, these are for your illness in case your symptoms get worse. If you need anything else, I'll be at the cafeteria."

Chiyo then left her office, leaving the daughter and father duo alone.

Then, Shota looked down at his daughter, a hint of annoyance and anger in his eyes as he said, "You're not going to USJ today."

"What?!" Azami's eyes widened in disbelief as her father stood up from the white bed of the infirmary and looked down at her.

"You heard me, Azami. You are not going with me and the class to the Unforeseen Simulation Joint," Shota repeated, glaring at Azami, "Your idiocy and recklessness has already ended up getting you here in the infirmary anyways, and you can't even fucking walk a straight fucking line without limping and looking like an old man who needs a walking stick."

"But you can't do this to me! I've been waiting for more than five years just to see Aunt Thirteen again and it's been seven years since I've been to USJ and you know how much I've wanted to see the place! You can't fucking do this to me!" Azami exclaimed, her voice getting louder and louder with each sentence she spoke.

"Well you should've thought about that before you went ahead and let yourself get almost killed by a horde of nosy little shits who call themselves reporters!" Shota shouted, his own voice unusually loud.

"It's not my fucking fault someone decided that it would be a good idea to almost break my fucking foot, now is it?!"

"You have a quirk, Azami! What good is your power if you don't fucking use it to not die?!"

"I was in a panic and my mind was a mess thanks to the fact that I was about to die! And you know damn well what happens to me when I fuck around with my quirk!"