chapter ix ➵ saving

chapter ix ➵ saving

一✮一

"You're an absolute idiot."

"I know I am一 ACHOO!"

Azami groaned as she leaned back against the backseat of their black car, holding a tissue against her runny nose to wipe away the disgusting mucus that was threatening to drip down.

She had fallen asleep on the windowsill with her windows wide open, like the idiot she was. So, as a result, she had gotten herself sick.

Azami wasn't having a splendid time, to say the least.

"You sure you still wanna go to school though Mimi? I mean, you can always take the day off or something." Hizashi looked over at his daughter as Shota just let out a grunt and continued driving.

"I'll be fine, don't worry about me. Plus, it's not like my head is hurting. It's only a runny nose, so I'll survive." Azami successfully blew her nose and gave her dads a lopsided smile.

"You don't have a headache yet," Shota said, "That doesn't mean you won't have one later. Plus, you know how your body gets when you get sick, Mimi. The last time you got sick..."

Shota's voice trailed off and the car stopped at a red light.

The car suddenly went silent as the three occupants became quiet, none of them uttering a word.

The last time Azami got sick, she was immediately sent to the hospital because she began experiencing chest pains and had difficulty breathing. It scared both Hizashi and Shota so much that they made sure that Azami never got sick again. However, it seems they couldn't really prevent it as well anymore.

"Look, Mimi," Hizashi finally spoke, breaking the eerie silence in the car as Shota began driving again, "me and Shota are just looking out for you, alright? We understand that you don't want  to skip school today, despite being sick. After all, education is important! Just make sure to take it easy for today, okay? And don't hesitate to ask to go to the infirmary if your condition worsens, got it?"

"Got it, speaker dad." Azami smiled at him and leaned against the seat even more, watching the buildings pass by outside the window.

Today was going to be a good day.

Right?

一✮一

"Oh, you have got to be shitting me..." Azami groaned.

As she and her two dads got out of the car, they immediately spotted the sea of reporters at the school's entrance, stopping every single person that tried to walk through them, poking microphones at people's faces and shouting questions left, right and center.

"Looks like the media caught wind about All Might's teaching position here at the school," Shota mumbled.

"No shit, Sherlock..." Azami started making her way towards the reporters, leaving her dads behind as they grabbed their things from the car.