chapter xxv ➵ talk to old friends

一✮一

The sun beat down mercilessly at the coliseum as the audience began dispersing. The day was beginning to end and golden hour had begun to approach the quiet city of Musutafu.

Azami opened the doors to the infirmary as quietly as possible and stepped inside. Upon seeing that Chiyo was no where to be seen, she quickly made her way towards the beds, and she felt her breath hitch as she came upon a sight that she never knew she'd see.

Katsuki laid on the last bed of the small, temporary infirmary room. The white blanket wrapped around his form neatly, and the only thing that poked out of it was his face.

He looked so calm and peaceful in his sleep. No one would've ever guessed that he was a complete asshole when awake if they saw his sleeping face.

"He looks kinda cute too..." Azami mumbled to herself as she slowly approached the sleeping boy's bed.

While she truly did come to the infirmary with the reason of wanting to check up on the boy, she figured that getting a closer look on him wouldn't hurt. Well, unless he suddenly woke up, of course.

"I wonder if you're dreaming... and if so, what about?" Azami sat down on the chair next to Katsuki's bed and smiled as she heard faint mumbles of gibberish coming out of the blonde's mouth.

Suddenly, she felt her phone vibrate in her bag. She quickly grabbed it and checked to see what it was, and realized that her dads had just chatted to her in their small family group chat.

------------------

WalkingSleepingBag
Oi, Mimi, get your ass here!

WalkingSleepingBag
Just got done telling those brats that they have the next two days off. Get over here so we can go home already.

PRESENTATIONMICHAEL™
WERE @ DA DRIVEWAY RN MI!

------------------

Azami quickly texted them back.

------------------

OurSunshine
I'll be right there
I just have something to do real quick

------------------

She put her phone into her bag and took out a notebook and pen instead. She always carried it around with her, since she liked having something to doodle in and write on when she felt bored (even though she rarely even uses the darn things since she would just play and watch on her phone).

She tore off a blank page from her notebook and started scribbling down something quickly before folding it into a neat square and putting it on the table besides the sleeping boy's bed.