chapter xvii ➵ explanations and lunches

一✮一

"Are you sure you're okay, dad?"

"I'll be fine, Mimi. My arms are the ones broken, not my legs, so I don't see why I shouldn't be able to teach my students."

Azami sighed as she sat at the front of the car, looking through the rear view mirror and at her injured father. They had decided to switch places so that Shota could sit comfortably at the back while Azami just sat next to Hizashi, who was currently driving to U.A. for another day of work.

"You don't have to worry so much, Mimi! Sho here is a tough cookie, he'll be fine!" Hizashi boomed, causing Shota to cringe and Azami to cover her ears in order to stop her ears from bleeding.

She may be used to her father's loud voice, but she was far from immune.

"Don't stress yourself out over someone like me, Mimi. You need to focus on your classes, so try not to worry too much about my well-being. I'll only be attending homeroom classes anyway, so I'll be with Recovery Girl throughout most of the day," Shota said.

Azami nodded her head in defeat before staring out the window, watching the other cars pass by them. They passed by a small sports equipment store, which reminded her of the events that would transpire in just a few weeks.

"The Sports Festival is next month, isn't it?" Azami asked in an enthusiastic tone, her previous worries dissipating momentarily.

It had been years since she had seen the U.A. Sports Festival, since she was out of the country, so the idea of being able to attend after so long was enough to lift up her mood.

"Yup! We were planning on announcing it today, actually! The students are sure to train extra hard for the festival, as usual!" Hizashi grinned at his daughter, giving her a quick side glance before looking back at the road.

"And you're going to be helping out with both security and hosting," Shota said.

Azami looked at him with wide eyes before grinning. "Does that mean一"

"Yes, Azami. It means you'll be showing off your hero costume during the festival."

"YES!" Azami raised her fists, punching the air in pure delight at the thought of being able to show her friends, peers, and pretty much the whole world the person she kept hidden from them一 the person who went around and saved people and went through secret missions.

She may be an underground hero and she may have kept her identity hidden from the public throughout her time as a hero, but she was quite prideful when it came to her hero costume.

Especially when it let her change into a seemingly different person. Well, when in her hero costume, no one other than her closest friends and family knew who she was other than by her hero name, so she basically was.